Alexander Daniels are working in partnership with an extremely well-known brand to recruit a Commercial Accountant who will work closely with the engineering side of the business. An ideal step for someone looking for a move into a more commercial role.
The role will provide support to the Senior Business Partner to add value through quality reporting and accurate processing. There will be an emphasis of improving current processes, helping improve margins through detailed analysis and reporting period end management accounts.
- Prepare and review the financial statements / reports for the relevant business area in a timely and accurate manner
- Support budget and forecast preparation
- Updating and maintaining KPI pack, various flash reports and Hubble reports
- Providing financial support, analysis and challenge to the business including financial performance reports and decision support analysis
- Business partner the engineering team, analysing and reporting on financial performance
We are looking for an ambitious individual, someone who will push the rest of the team, be keen on improving current processes and challenging the business. Business partnering experience isn't essential but will be helpful as you will need to demonstrate a robustness that will help when dealing with the wider business.
Your experience to date will include:
- A thorough understanding of management accounting and reporting techniques
- Strong excel modelling
- Analysis of large volumes of data and variance analysis
We are looking to pay up to £40K for the successful candidate who will be actively studying towards an accountancy qualification (CIMA / ACCA) or newly qualified. Interviews w/c 15th May so please apply asap.