Subject Leader for Business
My client is a popular school for students aged 11-18 with approximately 1000 students on roll. We are situated in a highly desirable location in Buckinghamshire in the Aylesbury Vale area with a wide range of available amenities. The thriving town of Aylesbury is surrounded by the rolling Chiltern Hills that is a designated area of outstanding natural beauty. To complement the surrounding rural location, the school is well placed for commuting to London with an excellent rail service from Aylesbury itself, as well as other local rail stations. We are also well served by the M40 which directly links to Oxford.
Are you an ambitious practitioner who believes that every child deserves to be taught by an outstanding business studies teacher? Do you want to join us on an exciting journey as we develop into an outstanding school? Are you interested in taking advantage of our excellent CPD and career progression opportunities? If you are interested in the Subject Leader role, do you have some appropriate leadership experience such as successfully leading a team and raising standards?
Our exciting journey of improvement includes a sharp focus on teaching and learning so that we relentlessly strive to become better and better as a school. As part of this process the school is seeking to appoint an ambitious, innovative and pioneering business studies teacher and leader who will contribute to the raising of aspirations, securing accelerated and sustained progress for students while driving the work of the popular business studies department.
The School can offer you:
- an enthusiastic, loyal and committed staff relentlessly driving improvement forward
- respectful, hardworking students who are eager to succeed
- an improving learning environment and state of the art buildings
- a bespoke Sixth Form study centre
- up to date computing facilities within the business studies area
- a supportive community with significantly rising numbers for school places
- a forward-thinking and fully resourced business studies department.
As The School`s successful candidate you will offer us:
· high expectations for all students
· experience as a classroom practitioner who is able to consistently deliver dynamic and engaging lessons
· ideally, the ability to teach across the age range
· the desire, and skills, to raise the achievement of students of all abilities
· high aspirations for further career development.
You will have some leadership experience if you are applying for the Subject Leader role. You will be an enthusiastic and inspirational teacher of Business. You must be able to teach Business Studies across the full ability range, and ideally at all ages from Years 7 to 13. There will be opportunities to teach GCSE, A level and ideally BTEC. You will be looking to teach in a professional environment with a truly comprehensive intake.
Educationline are committed to safeguarding all students and as a basic expectation all candidates need to have a full DBS and be on the up-date service
Please email for further details