Head of Financial Accounting
I am excited to be working once again with this unique and innovative joint venture business that is leading the way in its complex and challenging market. Established in 2009, the organisation set out a mission statement to transform specific scientific services in the UK. The business is built on sector expertise, providing a service that enables the customer to make an effective and efficient impact to the lives of thousands of end users daily.
Following an internal promotion and a departmental restructure, the Group Financial Controller (placed by myself in 2012) is looking to appoint this newly created role to his senior management team. The purpose of the Head of Financial Accounting role is to ensure the timely and accurate preparation of financial information for management accounting and statutory reporting purposes, including capital expenditure reporting and compliance with external regulatory requirements.
Your remit will include, but not be limited to:
- Overseeing the balance sheet and profit & loss accounting entries to ensure that the accounts are correctly stated to the best knowledge of the business at the time of preparation.
- Managing the Financial Accountant to ensure that all aspects of financial accounting are delivered accurately and timely.
- You will be required to provide regular management information including sections of Board Reports and will be the principal contact on technical accounting issues including advice on application of accounting standards.
- Monthly reporting will be required on key metrics including balance sheet reconciliations completed, maintaining agreed working capital limits, Member Balances and Member reporting.
- The provision of monthly reporting and a forecast for cash flow, balance sheet, working capital and capital expenditure.
- Key performance indicators will include timely and complete month-end closures and external reporting requirements, minimising the number of audit issues and agreement of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensuring all statutory returns including VAT, P11Ds, PSA and national statistical information are prepared accurately and submitted in a timely manner.
Candidates will be fully qualified with a recent and demonstrable track record of delivery in a challenging financial control environment. Ideally candidates will come from an audit background with a Top Six firm, however applicants may also be considered if they can evidence exceptional technical ability in a challenging and fast paced environment. The role requires a high degree of technical knowledge and will necessitate a blend of excellent technical accounting skills, well-rounded communication skills and the ability to manage and develop key relationships. The post-holder is expected to have a strong customer service ethos and to embed this within the team.
Barribal Associates and the organisations it represents are fully committed to equal opportunities and encourage applications from any age, disability, gender, marital status, race, nationality, religion or sexual orientation.