Assistant Financial Accountant
SF Group's Part Qualified Finance division are currently recruiting for a brand new finance role as Assistant Financial Accountant in an exciting retail brand's head office in central Nottingham. The company, with several hundred stores nationwide is part of a retail group that boasts a trans-European reach. On offer, is the opportunity to join the centralised accounts function for an employer of choice in the Nottingham area. Through a strong sense of corporate and social responsibility the group highly value charitable fundraising, continuous environmental improvements and the satisfaction of their staff. The offices are vibrant and modern, with an open plan layout.
The role sits within the financial accounts function and as the successful Assistant Financial Accountant you will be:
- Responsible for intercompany balancing and reporting, ensuring month end reporting is correct and improving underlying recording of intercompany transactions
- Assisting with the statutory accounting and audit programmes. Full involvement in the management of ongoing deliverables schedules for auditors, and assistance in the preparation of statutory accounts
- Assist members of the Financial Controls team with other reporting requirements, particularly in the areas of Emerald, Ergo reporting, Franchisee accounts, and iSynergy changes and testing
You, the successful Assistant Financial Accountant will:
- Have a desire to learn and succeed in finance
- Have at least 12 months of recent finance experience
- Be a finance graduate and/or be studying towards AAT/CIMA/ACCA
- Understand Excel to advanced level ideally (V-Look Ups, Pivot Tables)
The successful applicant will be driven, focused and passionate about a career in financial accounts. You will have 12 months experience in a finance role, advanced Excel skills and an eye for efficiency and process improvement. Whilst experience is important with this role, attitude is paramount. The attitude to learn will enable you to make the most of this opportunity and if this sounds like you please do get in touch asap with Ellen McGrath at the SF Group in Nottingham by sending an up to date CV to .