Data Protection Manager
Due to business growth and new legislation coming through, the Nuffield Health Legal team is growing! We are looking for a passionate Data Protection Manager to join us in the delivery of an excellent service to support the Data Protection Team.
The position will be based at Epsom Support Centre, but due to the agile working nature of our established team there is flexibility to also spend days working from home and within the business sites. You won't need to worry about being bored or not growing your experience as you will be busy supporting and maintaining an effective Information Governance Framework, assisting with the writing of Group wide policies, creating and presenting training materials to ensure the organisation is compliant to legal regulatory and contractual requirements in relation to data management, advising on data issues within commercial agreements, interacting with Nuffield Health colleagues, clients and third party service providers, and showing off your expertise by providing the business with sound commercial advice.
As a Data Protection Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the role will include:
- Managing the Data Incident Process: responding to a range of data breaches, data privacy and data security incidents and responding to business queries on Data Protection.
- Performing risk assessments and advising service lines on appropriate responses and remedial actions where appropriate.
- Liaising with IT/Information Security to understand the security measures in place to reassure clients and understand contractual obligations.
- Management and co-ordination of responses to subject access requests, dealing with them promptly and in compliance with current privacy law.
- Responding to tender questionnaires and information sharing agreements submitted as part of tender responses for clients concerning data privacy at the proposal stage.
- Supporting and advising the business in dealing with new regulations (eg GDPR).
- Conducting comprehensive privacy impact assessments of tools and systems in order to identify and address potential privacy and confidentiality issues.
- Delivering data privacy training sessions to teams as needed.
- Drafting and updating internal policies and procedures in line with legislative requirements and the businesses policies and procedures.
- Liaising with internal Legal Counsels and Procurement team to ensure contracts with clients and third parties protect both commercial and legal position in relation to data privacy requirements, including drafting Data Protection clauses as required.
- Providing appropriate advice and interpretation of the provisions of the Data Protection Act as they impact business activities in general and/or specific functions across all service lines and business functions.
- Project management of ad hoc data protection initiativesThere has never been a better time to join the Nuffield Health Legal Team, during this time of expansion and growth. The profile of the department is high, and the team is known to be integral to the success of the business.
We are going to need someone who can engage and deliver a first class service to the business and the Legal Team, through expertise and perseverance. We will also be looking for the following, to ensure success and satisfaction:
- Previous and current experience within a Data Protection role.
- Ideally a Data Protection qualification (e.g. PDP or equivalent).
- Data Protection experience within a commercial environment.
- Strong working knowledge of incident management and subject access requests.
- Good working knowledge of the Data Protection Act (1998) and relevant legislation coming through (eg GDPR).
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and understandable formatThis is not a role which requires a legal qualification, it is more important that you have a working knowledge of Data Protection and are keen to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
Location : Our Support Centre is located 5 minutes' walk from Epsom train station, just 35 minutes on a direct train from London Waterloo and 46 minutes from London Victoria. However, please note that some travel to other site locations may be required.
Benefits: We're a hard-working team but we also take care of our employees so, with us, you'll enjoy more than a competitive salary. We offer flexible working to make the most of every day and development opportunities to make you feel respected, trusted, and valued. We offer fantastic employee benefits including gym membership of our Nuffield Health Fitness & Wellbeing Centres, discounted personal training, an annual health assessment, an interest free season ticket loan, a Cycle to Work Scheme and a Retirement Savings Plan.
About Nuffield Health: Nuffield Health is the UK's largest not for profit healthcare organisation, providing clinical, fitness and wellbeing services to the general public, NHS and private businesses nationwide at over 200 locations. With over 13,000 health experts and 300,000 fitness and wellbeing members we are the only provider of integrated health and fitness in the UK.