Operations Internship Fast Growth Start-Up Amazing North London Office
This is a start-up business founded by a well-established multi-million-pound company, making luxury mattresses at affordable prices. The company have launched to market, are growing rapidly and as such this is an exciting time to be joining.
This is a 3 month internship paying £1,200 per month with the intention of converting to a permanent job.
How can you expect to spend your day?
• Your first task will be take a sleep and bed knowledge exam, the whole team have to do this and you can have as many goes at as you like, the purpose of this is to give all employees a fundamental knowledge of sleep patterns, the factors which influence sleep and this is requisite to work at this company.
• All employees of this start-up will begin their jobs in a customer service position, this is to give all staff a fundamental knowledge of the products they sell and to fully understand the target audience they’re reaching out to with the belief this will create a very customer focused organisation who truly understand their business.
• The customer service aspect of this position will be communicated through website chat messenger, email and telephone enquiries.
• As a growing start-up the company have hiring needs in marketing, social media management and PR, it is in these areas that the direction of your time can be spent with the intention that the internship can convert to permanent employment in the business area which both suits your skillset and meet the company requirements. In this sense this is an open ended internship offering the rare opportunity to find what your best at whilst working at a growing business.
What are the ideal intern's skills, experience and personality?
• Educated to degree level.
• Clear, concise and confident communicator.
• Business minded, someone who could see themselves starting their own business one day and has the entrepreneurial spirit.
• Comfortable working in a team environment where the priorities of the role can change, this is the fun of working in a start-up environment.
• A positive attitude to work and someone eager to make to learn lots of new skills in a short space of time.
• Strong knowledge of all major social media channels is a bonus.
• Experience working with design and imaging software such as Photoshop or InDesign is a bonus and can direct the focus of this internship.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
• Work from an amazing shared office building, with a truly creative atmosphere, surrounded by lots of inspirational growing start-ups and lots of break-out work areas.
• Be one of the early starters at this business, growing your career alongside the growth of the company and enjoy greater responsibility in your role than by joining a more established company.
• This internship is a great option for a recent graduate not 100% sure what they want to do as it will give you ample opportunity to explore different business areas.