Credit Risk Analyst
My Financial Services Client are looking for a Senior Credit Risk Analyst in the Manchester. The role will help and support the development of risk appetite limits and risk models through application of key risk drivers
Duties and responsibilities
- Undertake analysis to support /help determine the development of credit risk strategies and controls to ensure that new lending is underwritten in accordance with the Credit Risk Principal Risk Policy and Credit Risk control Standard and risk appetite of the business, including appropriate credit score cut offs, refer/decline rules, risk based pricing strategies, limit strategies, affordability assessments and cross sell eligibility at the point of application.
- Monitor and report on the profile of business written against plan and key drivers of risk, highlighting variations and recommending actions as appropriate.
- Review the effectiveness of credit risk controls and strategies including performance against key risk indicators, benchmarking against other lenders and analysis of actual performance against expectations, providing insights into any variances, with recommendations to their manager for corrective action where necessary.
- Undertake the development, maintenance and reporting of appropriate credit score cut offs and risk based pricing strategies.
Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to analyse and present data & information using industry standard interrogation and statistical packages (SAS, SPSS et al).
- Educated to degree level in an analytical discipline. Ideally a further high level qualification in mathematics / statistics
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Experience of credit risk management and associated analytical techniques and practices.
- Good communication (written and verbal) skills, including well developed presentation skills.
If you are interested to know more please contact Sam Luxton