Health & Safety Manager
Health & Safety Manager
My family owned, rapidly expanding client based in Telford is looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager to join its well established team.
The Health and Safety Manager will responsible for the development , implementation and monitoring of the whole Health and Safety management system. Reporting to the Managing Director you will be responsible for ensuring that the safety of staff, visitors, customers, suppliers and contractors are in line with current Health and Safety legislation.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation
- Implementing and instilling a vision of best practice in relation to all aspects of Health and Safety;
- Working with departmental managers in the development and maintenance of Safe Operating Procedures for all Company processes; ensuring compliance and maintenance of associated records;
- Responsible ISO 18001BRC, ISO14001, FSA and EMAS certification and procedures
- Ensure that appropriate and compliant risk assessments are maintained
- Working to prevent accidents and damage to personnel and equipment
- Complete site inspections and audits, ensuring policies and procedures are being properly implemented and keeping records of inspection findings;
- Ensuring all working practices comply with legislation
- Leading in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks;
- Assisting where necessary with accident and near miss investigation ensuring any retraining or disciplinary procedures are followed in a consistent manner;
- Producing H&S reports, including near misses, accident ratios etc.
Essential Skills and experience
- Appropriate experience of operating in a similar role within a medium / large organisation
- Possession of a NEBOSH certificate or equivalent
- Excellent Communication Skills and ability to share any changes in regulations and legislations with other employees and higher level staff
- Highly experienced in Implementation and maintenance of H&S Management System
- High Level of knowledge, Experience and understanding of ISO Standards and Requirements
- Willingness to expand and share you knowledge base to further improve yourself and those around you
- Provides the information required to make informed choices
- Can effectively motivate teams
- To have a clear and challenging vision of "what good looks like"
- The ability to manage the day to day whilst challenging the norm in a positive constructive manner
To apply for this position please contact Sarah Dyehouse at Anderson Scott Solutions