Teacher of Music
Teacher of Music required for September 2017 start, Folkestone
Teacher of Music
Required to start September 2017
MPS or UPS + £500 Folkestone Allowance
Folkestone Academy offers a state of the art learning environment for over 1800, 11-18 year olds. We believe that all our young people are entitled to an academically rigorous curriculum, supported by a unique form of pastoral care and guidance. We offer an innovative, inspiring place to work with a commitment to personal career development and training.
Our aim is to inspire pupils through the delivery of motivational lessons. The academy has superb teaching talent at all levels, complimented by an energetic and dynamic leadership team. Awarded a Good grading by Ofsted in November 2015, the vision for the Academy is to become an outstanding school within the next five years - a vision that as a Teacher of Music you will play a vital part in.
You will be:
* Able to teach Music/Music Technology to Level 3 (preferably with knowledge of BTEC qualifications)
* Willing to contribute to music provision outside of classroom lessons and able to contribute to a large and successful Performing Arts Faculty
* Committed to The Folkestone Academy's values- 'Choose with courage, live with joy and succeed with ambition'
* An outstanding classroom practitioner in your specialist subject with a proven record in raising student attainment and proficient in teaching at different Key Stages
* A Qualified teacher with QTS status including NQTs
* Passionate about providing every child with the support, tools and capacity to make outstanding progress in all areas.
* A creative, inventive and dedicated classroom practitioner with a real passion for your subject
In return we will offer you:
* A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
* Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
* The opportunity to develop in a supported and structured environment
* Opportunities for further promotion for talented colleagues
If you are an ambitious professional, an advocate for all children and you believe in helping and challenging others to realise their potential, this could be the right position for you.
Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday 10th May 2017
For more information about the school, please visit .
For more information about working with us, and to obtain an application pack please contact our recruitment partner, Breaghn Cameron at Hays Education on or
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to an enhanced CRB disclosure.