Assistant Shop Manager - Maidenhead
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Store Manager to Assist the Store Manager in providing a high quality retail service in relation to agreed performance targets. To deputise for the Manager in his/her absence, undertaking all appropriate duties to ensure are continued operations of the Store.
- In the absence of the Shop Manager, act as manager of the shop undertaking all appropriate duties and responsibilities to ensure the continued operation of the shop and the achievement of performance targets.
- Maximise shop income and achieve agreed performance targets
- Implement the highest standards of customer care and service
- Maintain appearance of shop premises for trading hours, ensuring they are clean and tidy at all times and that goods are displayed in an attractive and presentable manner.
- Ensure that all statutory responsibilities are met, including Fire and Health & Safety Regulations.
- Support, train and co-ordinate the work of volunteers in the shop as required by the Shop Manager, encouraging an active interest in the shop and the work of Age UK.
- Generate stock donations to meet sales requirements, acknowledge receipt and arrange collection where necessary.
- Maintain good relations with the public, trade councils, landlords and neighbouring retailers.
- In the absence of the Shop Manager work closely with the Area Sales Manager to ensure any problems in the shop are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Travel within the region where required in the performance of the job, to provide cover in another shop, or for training activities.
- Generating store income and achieve agreed performance targets
- Have a good record of staff management
- Demonstrate a good understanding of health and safety
- Be able to work to KPI’s and deadlines
- Effective Communication Skills
To comply with UK legislation we cannot accept applications from candidates under the age of 18 as the successful candidate will be required to work on their own in the shop without the aid of other staff.
Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. We aim to improve later life for everyone through our services, advice, campaigns, products, training and research.
We offer a range of benefits including:
- 26 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension with employer contribution of up to 9%
- BUPA Cash Plan
- Cycle scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Life insurance
- Staff perks discounts
- Learning and development schemes
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
All job offers are subject to receipt of satisfactory references.