Learning & Development Design Specialist
Learning & Development (Design Specialist) - Nottingham
Our Learning & Development team provides our group with solid training and support to all of our team members. Our Pendragon Learning & Development team deliver everything from company-wide induction, technical, behavioural & leadership training to talent identification, assessment and development programmes. Based at our newly refurbished Training Academy in Nottingham.
We’re looking to recruit a Learning & Development Consultant or Instructional Designer with the talent and ability to design imaginative learning that makes the audience sit up and pay attention, to engage with our people and drive performance improvement across the business. You’ll be encouraged to challenge accepted thinking, have autonomy to manage your projects and join a team of Learning and Development professionals that has a real impact on our business.
If you’re currently working in L&D why not come and show us what your unique approach can bring to our team.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Engaging senior stakeholders, business leaders and team members, to produce solutions that deliver measurable performance improvements.
- Taking ownership of projects through the entire learning cycle to ensure that your solutions lead to genuine business outcomes.
- Creating strong proposals for new learning based on sound evidence-led reasoning.
- Designing effective and engaging programmes using the most appropriate medium or method to maximise the impact on your audience
- Working alongside other members of the L&D team and business experts to design and implement learning that is tailored to the needs of the business.
- Proving the value of your programmes through effective evaluation and demonstrable business improvement
- Work with the L&D leadership team on development & maintenance of our online learning platform
In order to be successful in this role you will need:
- Creativity in thinking and design
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Commercial and customer focus.
- To be up to date with the latest L&D technology and thinking to enable you to deliver an innovative, fresh approach to meeting learning needs.
- To be organised with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to challenging deadlines.
- Great interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, comfortable communicating at all levels in the business.
- To be able to provide a great customer experience to help drive our competitive edge through learning.
- Current experience in a learning design role that covers a wide range of subject matter, in a volume, multi-site, retail environment.
- Experience of development & maintenance of a LMS
Pendragon PLC is the largest independent operator of franchised car dealerships in the UK, with over 250 outlets throughout the country. Operating under the brands of Stratstone and Evans Halshaw we are the UK’s leading automotive retailer, specialising in everything from commercial vehicles, volume brands such as Ford and Vauxhall to high quality prestige brands such as Porsche and Ferrari.
Join our Head Office team and you’ll be part of a success story that goes from strength to strength….