Financial Controller- FD Designate
Financial Controller - FD Designate
£50k and Benefits
Flexible Working Arrangement
The client is a growing, entrepreneurial, and profitable UK owned medium sized business, operating within the Travel sector. They operate both a winter and a summer season, with offices in Manchester and the French Alps. They have made a recent acquisition, and the current strategy is for further international expansion. The business is technology led, increasingly seeing their value operating within the digital environment, providing a platform and outsourcing coal face operations. They currently use external UK accountants for processing and Statutory Accounting, however there is now a requirement to manage financial matters in house. We are looking for a practical, hands on and professional FC to assist with the continuing growth and development of the business.
A member of the Senior Management team and reporting to and advising the Managing Director, responsibilities include:
- Manage the preparation of monthly reports and year end accounts.
- Prepare, analyse and comment on all financial management information.
- Produce budgets and forecasts, across the business.
- Manage the cashflow across the business.
- Liaise with external accountants, bankers, and regulators.
- Compliance with tax matters and related financial governance and policies.
- Manage the payment of supplier, contractor invoices, client commissions and wages.
- Manage the invoicing and credit control.
- Advise on ways of improving business performance.
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers.
- Evaluate the financial information systems, suggesting improvements, such as Cloud based packages.
- Manage financial business cases for investment.
- Must have a recognised accountancy qualification, ACA, ACCA.
- Excellent IT and spreadsheet skills.
- Good process and systems abilities. Good organisational and reporting skills.
- Exposure to HR matters and procedures.
- Good Commercial and Communications skills.
This role could suit someone looking for a flexible working arrangement. Prospects to grow to FD as the company grows.