Senior Technical Writer - PR agency
Our client is a vibrant, creative marketing agency who carry out exciting, award-winning campaigns for large, global technology companies.
They actively encourage a healthy work-life balance and offer a great working environment. Their dynamic team comes from a range of backgrounds - from journalism to HR - but they all share a passion for developing and executing exemplary integrated campaigns that delight their clients and drive real results.
They create a range of assets from flashcards/ banners for social/ digital advertising; through to eguides, animations and blog posts; case studies, white papers and sales presentations. These assets help clients tell their stories and reach their target audiences in powerful, entertaining and informative ways.
They are currently looking for an enthusiastic, experienced writer and content developer to help support the development of these assets. You’ll be responsible for the more technical assets they produce, including reference architectures and implementation guides.
As such, you’ll have an in-depth knowledge of how technology operates, as well as wider understanding of the technical and business benefits it brings.
Topics you could expect to be writing about include: Big Data, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, the Cloud, and the Internet of Things, among others.
About the role
No day will be the same but the types of activities that will form part of your job include:
- Contributing to creative meetings and sharing ideas
- Liaising effectively with clients and other team members (including designers anddevelopers) to produce assets from ideas generation stage right through to final delivery
- Independently researching new topic areas, clients’ products, messaging and brandguidelines
- Conducting effective (usually telephone) interviews with subject matter experts, often ata very detailed technical level, asking pertinent questions and demonstrating a depth ofknowledge required to extract relevant information
- Adapting your writing style to fit a variety of audiences and content types
Key interpersonal/ project management skills
- Managing and directing multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with stakeholders of all levels (junior and senior / internal and external)
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to see projects through from inception to production
- Ability to produce high-quality work, regardless of project size
- Ideally two years’ industry experience working as a journalist or freelance technical writer