An opportunity to work in a large and busy finance team in a challenging project-based analysis role. This role is with an established global organisation focused on clinical research within the pharmaceutical industry. You will manage a healthy portfolio of projects alongside other Financial Analysts in a fast-paced environment, where reducing the cost and time to delivery of each project is important.
A large business with over 25 years experience of delivering clinical research trials and projects for a variety of pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients. This company competes at the very highest level within the clinical research space, and has an impressive global setup across numerous countries with about 20,000 employees. This company seeks to reduce the cost and time of drug development so that ultimately patients have access to life-changing drugs on the market sooner. You can be a part of that...
As a Finance Analyst working under the Head of Finance, you will enjoy a varied role managing different projects and engaging with a multitude of different internal stakeholders. Key aspects of the role revolve around forecasting, analysing variances in project profitability, oversight of invoicing, and conducting reconciliations. For each project you manage you can essentially act as the 'CFO of the study', with full oversight of financial activity required. You'll also be involved in:
- Month-end reporting
- Monthly reconciliations activity
- Revenue recognition on a monthly basis
- Supporting and assessing forecasting activities
- Analysis of contracts within your portfolio of projects
This Finance Analyst role is suited to a current financial professional who has had some experience of working on a project basis.This industry is highly regulated so adherence to compliance is important. You should have the following:
- AAT or degree qualified
- Similar experience in a finance role is required
- Studying or about to start studying an ACCA or CIMA qualification
- Project-based experience is highly desirable; able to demonstrate successful delivery to deadlines
- A sharp commercial acumen; able to confidently manage relationships with different stakeholders at different levels ideally in a large business
- Impressive attention to detail
- Ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision where required
The successfully appointed Finance Analyst can expect to earn between £28,000 to £36,000 basic p/a depending on experience. A company benefits package is offered on top of the base salary.