Permanent Head of PE - September 2017
Head of PE
Leadership Scale 2-6
Permanent September 2017
A newly opened, all-through, free school are recruiting for a strong Head of PE. The role is a permanent position starting in September 2017. In September 2016 they had over 150 primary children and over 200 secondary students. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an experienced and forward-thinking team. As a growing school there are many opportunities for development on offer.
Due to the age of the school, the numbers of pupils within the school are smaller than national average reflecting on the strong community spirit in this small Oxfordshire village. The aim of staff at the school is to know every one of their students well, providing an environment that not only allows them to achieve what they are truly capable of, but also equips them with excellent academic qualifications and a 'can do' attitude. This pathway allows students to be able to create the right pathway for themselves within higher education and the workplace.
The aim of the PE Department at the school is to empower the students with the knowledge, values, skills and personal qualities to be confident and keen to take part in sport and physical activities. The Department offers a vast array of sporting opportunities for all of their students. They believe that PE is unique in its ability to develop the 'whole' person. They value high quality PE lessons and the extended curriculum opportunities where their students' relationships, social development, fun and health are enhanced and promoted. They also firmly believe that competitive sport and 'opportunities for ALL' can co-exist in a busy school environment.
The PE Department's aim is to compete at the highest level possible as well as offer an array of inclusion competitions for all levels of abilities, being a small school allows opportunities for ALL students to be involved in extra-curricular PE.
The school has achieved 'Gold School Games Mark' for the past two years showing their excellent levels of participation and commitment to the development of competition. Community links are an integral part of our school sport with excellent links forged with clubs in the area allowing all students the opportunity of a sustained healthy lifestyle.
The ideal candidate will be:
- able to lead female PE (essential)
- able to engage with and inspire children
- be able to manage all aspects of the teaching and learning process in Physical Education within the overall aims of the school
- required to prepare schemes of work, the departmental handbook and any other necessary documentation
- be supporting members of the Physical Education department in all appropriate ways
- excited by the potential to develop innovative practice in a relatively new school
- able to create engaging learning environments
- enthusiastic, flexible and hard-working
- keen to encourage children to be curious, independent learners who are not afraid to take risks
- willing to contribute the wider enrichment curriculum
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of young people. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced criminal records check (DBS). For more information please contact Niki Dhokia at Capita Education Resourcing on or e-mail your CV