Our client a market leader in their sector, are currently recruiting for a Service Engineer to come on board and join their Engineering team based in Aberdeen. The successful candidate will provide a high level of service to customers for their equipment, this includes installation and commissioning and also maintenance, testing and repairs. Providing customer support with the helpdesk and fault finding; working both in the office/workshop and at customers' sites and vessels.
- Complete scheduled maintenance on systems in accordance with current maintenance routines.
- Fault diagnosis and repair of supplied equipment in Aberdeen workshop and onshore/offshore at customer sites, ensure all test procedures and site records are accurately updated.
- Assists other team members in the identification of more complex problems and can apply diagnostic methods to identify causes and propose possible solutions.
- Participate in the Helpdesk rota and submission of weekly status reports to Customers.
- Participate in the on-call and standby Engineer rotas.
- Provide technical support and resolve faults on systems.
- Provide estimates (time & materials) for tasks and deliver to them.
- Liaise with and provide technical support to other departments such as Projects, Production and Development.
Key Skills Required:
- ONC / HNC / HND or Degree in Electronic / Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or qualified by experience.
- Full driving licence.
- Working at height.
- Experience installing, maintaining and repairing complex electronic systems in an offshore or marine environment.
- Good understanding of IT, Networks and Software based solutions.
- Accurate record keeping.
- Basic skills in wiring and mechanical fitting and use of both bench and hand portable test equipment.