My client a top 200 law firm based in the centre of Leeds is currently seeking an experienced Conveyancing Assistant to work alongside an experienced Conveyancing Fee Earner, this is a busy role where you will be responsible for assisting with the management of Conveyancing transactions from instruction to completion. You will have the opportunity to develop your career within a reputable solicitors who offer a professional working environment along with career opportunities.
- Provide administrative assistance to the Conveyancing Fee Earner to manage a caseload of approximately 100 new instructions per month
- Liaise effectively and appropriately with the client and introducer where necessary
- Apply for searches
- Obtain completed property information forms
- Obtain or deal with the Home Information Pack
- Deal with correspondence or communications from any party as directed by the Conveyancing Fee Earner
- Scan or file incoming post
- Processing the administration tasks involved in a sale and purchase transaction
- Preparation of Contracts and other documents
- Check Identification
- Bring any issues which may affect a client matter to their attention of a Conveyancing Fee Earner or Manager in a timely manner
- Deal with telephone calls made by the client, borrower or third parties
- Keep all parties in the transaction up to date at all times such as client, introducer, solicitors and estate agents etc.
- Develop skills and knowledge of the conveyancing process
- Provide assistance on remortgage matters as required.
- Ensure there are no balances or debits on account following completion unless these are agreed retentions
- Ensure all bills relating to legal work and disbursements are raised by and paid no later than completion
- Ensure the case management system is used to process all aspects of the transaction
- Ensure that accurate information is input onto the database
- Ensure an appropriate manager is made aware immediately of any issues which may lead to a problem or complaint
- To assist with daily post duties on a rota basis
Applicants will have previous experience of working as a Conveyancing Assistant, you will have excellent organisational skills along with the ability to work in a busy and fast paced role.