Internal Engineering Support
Solid Recruitment are very proud to be working with a leading manufacturer in Farnborough recruit a Technical and Spare Support Executive. The position is full time and permanent and based in their UK head office.
- Salary Circa £25,000 per annum
- Performance Based Bonus
- Excellent Pension with Critical illness cover
- Cycle to work scheme, Childcare vouchers
This position will suit someone who is looking for a challenging, hands on and rewarding career step. Someone who has an Engineering qualification or some experience in Manufacturing who wants to step into a position that will set them up for a great deal of training and development and future opportunities within the business. The role is office based but there will be site visits with the team manager to visit customer sites. This position is very hands on and will provide the right candidates for a fantastic grounding in manufacturing.
Overview of the position
This is a great opportunity for entry into a service technical career path with the client. The primary responsibility of this role is the ability to provide a key aftermarket contact recognised by customers as a technically trusted advisor.
The main function of this position is to be able to provide all round support from basic technical support to correctly identifying spare parts and recommending where required addition service by an Engineer can be offered.
- Provide spare part sales capability
- To ensure all customer requests are handled professionally
- Responsible for all administration surrounding aftermarket sales in a timely manner. This is including
Customer quotations, order processing and order acknowledgements
- Provide telephone support to field service engineers and provide supporting information (e.g. drawings) where required
- Provide technical support to end customers, agents and distributors on the phone and email
- To review and approve all quoted jobs prior to actioning
- Very organised and efficient - with the ability to multitask
- Ability to manage own workload and drive results
- Capable of digesting complex technical information
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good general communication skills - able to communicate effectively at all levels ?Excellent attitude to customer care
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Machinery manufacturing experience
- Aftermarket experience
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and diagrams