Retail Area Sales Manager
The Retail Area Sales Manager leads a team of Retail Sales Managers who are engaged in the promotion and distribution of Core’s simcards, international calling services and mobile products focused predominantly into independent retail accounts (typically newsagents, mobile phone shops, convenience stores).
This is a field based role and the Retail Area Sales Manager is responsible for the operations in their designated area/region run by a team of Retail Sales Managers who each have around 500 accounts to manage. The primary objective is to maximize the revenue and contribution from these accounts. In order to achieve this, the Retail Area Sales Manager must ensure that their team have all resources at their disposal and are deployed as efficiently as possible - simcards, marketing collateral, customer face-time, staff visits, etc. In addition, the Retail Area Sales Manager typically analyzes the region on opportunities for business development and directs the Retail Sales Managers to explore such opportunities.
• Manage a team of Retail Sales Managers (typically 5 to 10) working closely with each Retail Sales Manager to help them manage accounts and deliver a top quality service and maximise the revenue and contribution from their stores.
• Work with the team opening up new accounts and developing new areas to further develop Core’s distribution business;
• Understand activation rates on an account-by-account basis to ensure the correct type and numbers of products are distributed by the Retail Sales Managers- this requires in-depth analysis of activation data and discussion of strategy with the Regional Area Managers on a regular basis;
• Prepare monthly sales reports for the assigned region which includes revenue share reports and connection reports for the accounts and analysing and comparing month on month sales trends in the assigned area designing strategies to increase demand and sales.
• Maintenance of good business relationships with the team and with all accounts
• Formulate combat strategies based on the reports provided by the team on competitors’ activities/strategy along with customer feedback to management for input into marketing and distribution strategies.
• Supervise market research projects conducted by Sales managers to enable Core to maintain its understanding of customer requirements. This will involve planning and executing focus group sessions. This information is used as a critical input into Core’s marketing and distribution strategies
• Assist in recruiting and training of new Retail Sales Managers, including inducting and ongoing mentoring of the newly-recruited personnel.
• Analysing the sales/revenue figures on individual account basis, forecast demand and accordingly forecast the requirement of stock.
• Monitor staff expenses, holiday and sickness leave, and ensure Retail Sales Managers work within CCR’s policies and guidelines.
• Conducting performance reviews for the Retail Sales Managers quarterly.
• Previous experience in the independent retail sector (independent mobile phone retailers, grocers/convenient stores)
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills
• Proven track record of achieving high sales targets
• Excellent numeracy and analytical skills
• Proven education to at least degree level
• Entrepreneurial mindset & decision making skills
• The ability to motivate, organise high levels of workload effectively
• Excellent communication and 'people skills'
• Good level of presentation and reporting skills
• Previous leadership experience including managing performance, providing training and coaching to junior members of staff working in a sales environment preferred.
• Good written/spoken English. Ability to speak either Urdu, Punjabi, Gujarati, Hindi, Tamil or Bengali will be advantageous.
• Prior experience in an ethnic sales environment advantageous
• Understanding of B2B sales and marketing preferred
• Prior experience or knowledge of UK telecom providers or distributors is highly desirable.
Closing Date: Friday 2nd June 2017