Aim Provide efficient and effective administrative support to Skylight South Yorkshire ensuring that all systems and structures contribute to the delivery of high quality and easily accessible learning and engagement activities.
- Administrative support to the Learning Team within Skylight.
- Support the coordination of the Skylight timetable and Tutors.
- Support the Internal Verification process.
- Support the work of Skylight Volunteers
- 35 hours per week (1.0 FTE) (Mon-Fri)
- Based in the Dearne Valley, Rotherham.
- A satisfactory standard disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service is required for this role.
- Willing and able to travel across South Yorkshire and the UK for training and meetings
- The project operates an outreach model so access to own transport on a daily basis is essential. Please note that this is an essential criteria of the role and as such applicants who do not meet this requirement at the point of application will not be shortlisted. Some evening and weekend work may be required and time off in lieu will be given in accordance with the Crisis TOIL policy.
- Use internal systems to record, track and communicate accurate client information effectively.
- Use internal systems to monitor attendance, absenteeism, retention, progression and achievement.
- Assist in evaluating the success of learning programmes by compiling statistics using a variety of different sources, e.g. word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
- Create, coordinate and administer paper based and electronic registers.
- Assist in promoting the centre and its activities by maintaining effective communication with external organisations and clients regarding the centre’s activities.
- Assist in the development, production and delivery of promotional material including timetables, posters and fliers.
- Support the Verification process, liaise with awarding bodies including Internal and External Verifiers.
- Register learners with awarding bodies, assist with the coordination of exams and submission of coursework. Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of course files.
- To assist the learning team to achieve the quality and standards expected internally and externally.
- Order learning and examination materials, check orders on arrival, chase non-deliveries.
- Maintain all centre files and administration processes to meet accreditation and examination procedures. Participate proactively in Skylight promotional activities.
- Act as an initial point of contact for Skylight/ Sessional Tutors, giving appropriate advice and assistance on internal procedures and referring appropriate enquiries onto the Learning Manager, Arts Coordinator, Technical Skills Coordinator or Smartskills tutor.
- Assist the Learning Manager, Arts Coordinator, Technical Skills Coordinator and Tutors with general administration duties when required. Actively encourage, support and participate in member involvement with Crisis.
- Monitor and maintain the Crisis Skylight South Yorkshire Facebook page.
- Please note a personal Facebook account is required to carry out these duties.
- Support volunteers as required. General Develop and maintain an understanding of the charity’s work and the needs and circumstances of homeless people Comply with Crisis policies and procedures, including Health and Safety and safeguarding policies, for which all employees owe a duty of care both to themselves and others, in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required in the light of the main purpose of the job.
Essential 1. Substantial experience of administrative or educational administrative work within the voluntary, statutory or education sector
2. Experience of working in a demanding environment and relating to people with diverse needs
3. Experience of setting up and maintaining administration systems, including computerised records and filing systems
4. Ability to maintain accurate records with excellent attention to detail
5. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
6. Experience of developing and working within policy guidelines
7. Excellent problem solving, interpersonal skills and the ability to liaise effectively at all levels internally and externally
8. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office package including Word, Outlook and Excel, web-search and online forms, an awareness of using Microsoft Access and sound knowledge of using social media platforms like Facebook.
9. Highly developed organisational skills with an ability to plan, prioritise and run effective systems
10. Must hold a driving license, have access to own vehicle and be willing and able to travel across South Yorkshire 11. Commitment to Crisis’s purpose and values including equality and social inclusion
12. Demonstrable understanding of homelessness issues and the importance of learning and skills development as a potential route out of homelessness We encourage applications from all sections of the community particularly those with personal or previous experience of homelessness