WAREHOUSE OPERATIVE - FULL TIME - PERMANENT - POOLE - MONDAY - FRIDAY - £17,000 - £19,000 P/A DOE
I am looking for a warehouse person to keep company records, print orders and receive records according to the warehouse activities. Pick, pack and prepare orders via pallet deliveries and cartons. The goal is to increase efficiency, profitability and customer satisfaction.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and co-workers
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Update shipping and receiving records
- Shipping (pick, check, and pack orders), receiving, inspecting, special packaging and labelling, material handling/put away with or without powered industrial equipment (e.G. Forklifts, order pickers), picking, packing and/or shipping.
Preferable experience in the following:
- Loading and unloading lorries, vans and other vehicles
- Schedule incoming freight shipments
- Operate and maintain a forklift and other warehouse equipment
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimise space utilisation
- Report any discrepancies
- This position may be assigned specific daily duties or may float among various responsibilities throughout the day
- Picks product via various methods: paper picking, bar code picking
- Picks product into cartons, uses various packing techniques to package items for shipping - uses required packing materials including: tape machines, bags
- Handles various items including: small items, heavy items, and hazardous materials
- Performs various functions as needed including, but not limited to: cycle counts, item consolidation, internal replenishment, physical counts, shelf profiling, and housekeeping.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Familiarity with modern warehousing practices and methods
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Ability to speak English in order to communicate effectively and comprehend basic work instructions
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret shipping manifests and identify labels
- Current Flexi (Bendi) fork lift truck license.