Care/Housing Support Services Manager
Our Client based in Reading, Berkshire require an experienced Support Services Manager for a 6 month period to deliver high quality services for adults with learning difficulties, mental health issues or physical impairments.
To achieve CQC compliance in services ensuring that all services in management are awarded good or outstanding following inspection.
To ensure that all service users and tenants of the association receive levels of support as determined by their needs, and to ensure that their requirements are regularly reviewed and amended accordingly
To deliver and implement the policies and procedures of the association and to ensure that the aims, objectives and targets of the association are met, liaising with internal and external stakeholders where necessary.
To represent the association to external stakeholders, potential clients, customers and partners and to promote its services, aims and objectives.
- To manage and motivate staff and to produce plans and targets for the service teams, to produce accurate performance measures and to monitor performance.
- To carry out monthly service audits and to devise and implement action plans based on the outcomes To develop staff through regular appraisals, support and supervision identifying relevant training needs.
- To ensure that all services are adequately staffed at all times.
- To be responsible for providing or arranging the provision of adequate out of hours on-call advice and guidance to front-line staff
- To devise an annual budget for each service and to manage the approved budget effectively.
- To devise a development plan for the services and to contribute to service reviews.
- To provide regular reports to the Head of Support Services regarding :
- Quality of service delivery
- Budgetary performance
- New initiatives
- Staff performance
- Forum/seminar feedback
- Performance against targets (both individual and service based)
- Meetings with significant staff from external agencies, stakeholders etc.
- To assess prospective service users as suitable for the services provided by the association, liaising with Social Services, PCTs and other referral agencies.
- To liaise with Housing Services team in ensuring housing management policies and procedures are implemented.
- To ensure tenancies are properly managed and that action is taken to ensure the general satisfaction of all tenants.
- To be responsible for all support services provided to service users, ensuring support plans are regularly reviewed and adhered to.
- Develop and maintain tenant participation, involvement and consultation with tenant groups and tenant representatives specific to the needs and requirements of the service user group.
- To monitor, review, and continuously improve the services provided to tenants and service users.
- To liaise with care managers to ensure the service delivery is appropriate to the needs of the service user.
- Strategic alliance with Primary Care Trusts, Supporting People, and other agencies where required.
- To participate in local authority and Supporting People strategic planning mechanisms, representing the Association's interests and identifying new business opportunities.
- Finance Staff with regard to budgets.
- Service Development Manager in ensuring continual improvement, monitoring, reporting and implementation of performance objectives.
- Local Authority Managers in relation to contracts and local strategic planning.
- Other external stakeholders involved in the support of service users and tenants.
Contact: Sandra ParkynParkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.