The Company is currently in the process of developing and building a multi-100MW portfolio of highly efficient, flexible, gas fuelled power plants which will play a key part in enabling the UK to renew its electricity generating capacity as it moves towards a low carbon future. Designed to start remotely at very short notice, the portfolio will play a key role in ensuring the challenges presented by the growth of intermittent and inflexible low carbon power generation are able to be absorbed within the UK energy mix ensuring security of supply is maintained as the UK pursues its decarbonising agenda.
Reporting to the Operations Management, this varied role offers the successful applicants the opportunity to become familiar with, co-ordinate, administer and report on the remote operational performance and maintenance of the company's flexible power plant assets. The role will consist generally of the following activities:-
- Asset Supervision - Become familiar with, and be able to monitor and interrogate remote of plant supervisory software. Monitor and manage individual machine availability working closely with providers of Operations and Maintenance services to effectively manage availability, service and support.
- Asset Availability - To make (via electronic portals), monitor, and report on daily declarations of availability of individual generators and plant to our customers including National Grid and our utility trade partners.
- Call Monitoring - to monitor automatically issued power plant despatches, liaising directly with the Service Desk's of our respective operations providers to manage performance, minimise down-time, manage call-outs and ensure expedient return to service.
- Performance Reporting - To log, compile and issue operational reports to management on regular basis highlighting
performance, faults, downtime, loss, planned and unplanned maintenance and the costs of such interventions.
- Health, Safety and Environment - To monitor and manage site access and to ensure safe working practices and procedures are being adhered to by our service partners/providers and to maintain and update the company’s environmental documentation.
- Operational Response - to provide first line control desk communications and response, intermediating, liaising and reporting to relevant support providers, customers and stake holders.
The role will be based in our commercial and operational headquarters in the centre of Cardiff. The role will be predominantly office based involving occasional travel to operational power plant sites located throughout Wales and England. Attributes of the role are as follows:-
- Attractive salary subject to experience
- 37.5 per hours week on a shared shift type rota covering 07:00-14:30 / 13:30-21:00
- On-call cover allowance (remote/home) 1 weekend in 4
- 25 days paid holiday per year (excluding public holidays)
- Company/individual performance bonus, pension scheme and associated health cover
In order to succeed in this dynamic and reactive role, the successful applicant will posses and be able to demonstrate the following :-
- A strong service administrative or technical/service back-ground ideally with experience and knowledge of powergen equipment / supply / support or service
- Qualified to a minimum Level 4 / HNC / BTEC Professional / NVQ in either engineering / technical or service/admin discipline
- Some commercial experience/appreciation in the technical service industry / environment would be of benefit
- A general understanding of or experience in operational Health, Safety and Environmental (training will be provided)
- Be able to demonstrate excellent spoken and written communications skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of computer applications, including spreadsheets with the potential to learn new power plant based applications (training will be provided)
- Be able to work flexibly within the requirements of a shared operational cover rota
- Willing to undertake job specific training and development as necessary