Based in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, our client is a recognisable, rapidly expanding company who is looking for a Treasury Manager to join their team on a permanent basis.
This job would suit someone who is degree level educated with 5 years' experience working within a treasury and accounting role, ideally with excellent reconciliations skills & experience. Two years' management experience is essential as the job will manage and motivate a team of 5-6. The role will involve being responsible for the timely completion of reconciliations, including asset and client money and the related monitoring and control process.
This company is one of the nation's most successful businesses in their field. The company is committed to developing their staff and creating opportunities to support the careers of their employees.
The successful individual will have excellent working knowledge of cashbook and bank reconciliations as well as dealing with banks. The ability to create and maintain effective process and procedures is essential and intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel is vital. The candidate should be a team worker with strong problem solving, decision making and negotiating skills as well as excellent communication skills. A high level of accuracy and numeracy is needed for this role.
Duties will include:
- Responsible for the operational compliance for reconciliations
- Supporting the creation of regulatory reporting and the production of MI
- Maintenance and monitoring of internal controls/ sign-offs
- Contribute towards departmental and company-wide projects when required in ensuring the ongoing compliance
- Maintain an efficiently run team, providing and identifying necessary training and support, and ensuring appropriate cross training is in place to enable the team to carry out their roles effectively
- Ensure daily reconciliations, client money and cashbook are completed accurately and timely, meeting relevant rule requirements with reconciling items resolved promptly
- Producing meaningful management information about team performance for escalation to, and discussion with next level line manager
- Ensure that company and regulatory standards are adhered to and procedures within responsibility are updated regularly
- Continually seeking to improve processes and create more efficient working practices on the team
- Ensure effective controls and procedures to minimise the occurrence of regulatory breaches within responsibility and promptly review any breaches for process and control improvements
- Working with other areas to improve processes with a view of reducing reconciliation differences to improve quality and efficiency of reconciliations
- Ensure tax and levies in relation to trades are reconciled and paid away timely and accurately
- Ensure end of day banking process is carried out timely and accurately
- Ensure month end tasks are completed within required timeline
- Ensure Reconciliation team completes all tasks within their responsibilities accurately and timely
For more information about this role or any other Treasury jobs in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability