Individual Giving Co-ordinator
This is an exciting time for mid-level giving at the National Trust, we are two years into an ambitious strategy to grow support from this important pool of donors; individuals giving between £250- £4,999 per annum to our priority projects and key themes, such as our work on the Coastline. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in developing this exciting new area of our fundraising strategy as well as contributing to the wider Legacy Development and Individual Giving team strategy to engage and inspire more supporters in the work of the National Trust.
The core purpose of the Individual Giving Coordinator is to assist in the day to day management of the Trust’s mid-level giving programme, ensuring life time value through a range of fundraising engagement activities. This role represents an excellent opportunity for a motivated and proactive individual to learn and develop whilst supporting the team to deliver its ambitious targets.
What it's like to work here
We provide the best possible working environment for you throughout the building whilst also promoting and fostering a sociable Heelis community. Do great things for us and we’ll do great things for you and your career.
Heelis is the Central Office for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust’s biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis. There are approximately 500 staff from across the Trust’s directorates based here, including the Executive team and the Director-General.
Heelis was designed to be highly sustainable and has won a number of nationally recognised awards. Designed by Feilden Clegg Bradley Architects in 2005, this architectural gem uses timber from our woodlands and wool from Herdwick sheep grazed on Trust farmlands, to help make Heelis a unique working environment.
What you'll be doing
Working within our Individual Giving team and reporting to the Individual Giving Manager (Mid-level) you’ll be responsible for assisting with managing the Trust’s national mid-level giving programme. You’ll coordinate an annual suite of engagement activity including programmed events to ensure donor retention and life time value. You’ll focus strongly on delivering first class supporter engagement and cross-team communications, such as our annual donor newsletter, ensuring the growth of fundraised support, generating long term income for the National Trust.
You will champion the delivery of excellent donor experiences on a national and local level, answering donor queries and ensuring donation thanking is communicated and carried out efficiently and effectively.
Who we're looking for
We’d like to hear from you if you are/have:
- Knowledge of event management
- Fundraising and or marketing qualification or equivalent
- Proven track record of building and cultivating successful relationships with supporters, preferably within a fundraising context
- Basic understanding of charity legislation
- Ability to build up rapport quickly and cultivate successful relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Able to work successfully and collaboratively as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- Highly organised and methodical, with strong planning and excellent attention to detail
And it will be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your CV/application;
- Experience of managing small and large scale events
- Proven track record of contributing to the delivery of effective communication materials
- Experience of working with supporter databases, e.g. Raiser’s Edge
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking