E Procurement Specialist- Home based
Beacon has an opportunity available for an E-Procurement Specialist to work form home!
The main purpose of the E-Procurement Specialist role is to be the in-house specialist with regard to the promotion, implementation, training, and ongoing support of Beacon’s e-business systems - including the online marketplace and Procure-to-Pay (P2P) solutions. You will support and implement systems strategy commensurate with the Beacon business plan ensuring a professional, pro-active and informed delivery of e-business services to Beacon customers, suppliers and staff.
About the Company
Interchange & Consort Hotels incorporates two high profile organisations:
- Beacon - a specialist provider of purchasing, consultancy and advisory services to over 2,000 customers in the hospitality, leisure and healthcare industries
- Best Western Great Britain "Hotels with Personality" - the largest group of independently owned and managed hotels in the World
We have a fantastic, friendly and fun working environment, and we are committed to being a great place to work.
What are the responsibilities of the E-Procurement Specialist?
- Assist Beacon Account Managers in their delivery of sales proposals that include utilisation of the online marketplace and/or P2P through webinars and/or face to face demonstrations
- Be the key operational contact for Beacon’s online marketplace, P2P, and SRM/CRM system providers. Support the e-business team in the tracking, reporting, and progress of any system implementations, providing regular updates to the Beacon senior management team and relevant account manager
- Manage (directly or indirectly through the system provider) the set-up of new customers and suppliers for trading through e-business platforms, including individual user and super-user set-up, and the implementation of supplier connectivity with Beacon’s online marketplace provider for ordering and receipting
- Monitoring the performance of system providers against contractual KPIs and SLAs including system availability, delivery of developments, etc
- Monitor initial stages of new customer or supplier system usage; identifying and resolving system set up or training issues and providing qualitative feedback to system provider to improve the user interface and process flows
- Assessing customers’ business processes and system requirements, and evaluating suitability for P2P rather than online ordering only
- Training and up skilling of the Beacon team in the accessing of customer spend and product level data (and use of reports) through online marketplace and e-procurement systems, supporting a sound Beacon position in negotiations
- What do we look for in an E-Procurement Specialist?
- Project management / implementation experience
- Track record in delivering training and/or systems support
- Significant experience in delivering P2P systems and e-procurement projects
- Experienced in Marketplace deliveries
- Confident in developing and managing relationships, influencing others and handling complex queries
- Communication and presentation skills - proactively delivers updates, and communicates barriers to success to relevant stakeholders
- An understanding of the operational workings of P2P and online ordering systems
- Experience of working in the hospitality, leisure, healthcare, and/or education sectors
- Understanding of operational management within industry sector/s
- Understanding of website management
- A project management qualification would be an advantage.
- A full driving licence would be an advantage.
If you wish to join our exceptionally talented staff community and take the next step to advance your future career by becoming our E-Procurement Specialist- Why not 'apply’ today?