Job Title: Mechanical Maintenance Fitter / Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Salary: Circa £26,000
Hours: Days 7.300 - 4.00 Monday to Thursday, 7.30 - 12.30 Friday.
Job Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a mechanical Maintenance Fitter with experience of mechanical maintenance within an engineering environment
This is a great opportunity to join a leading engineering company based in Rugby.
This is a permanent position.
The successful candidate for this Maintenance Fitter role will be responsible for:
- Carrying out reactive and planned mechanical maintenance to plant and production machinery in a safe manner.
- To troubleshoot, diagnose and repair mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic faults on production equipment on site keeping downtime to a minimum.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance tasks and carry out improvement projects
- Liaise with suppliers and contractors
- Assist in the manufacture and repair of tooling.
- Movement of plant, equipment and services.
- Carry out general facilities maintenance within the plant
- Maintain the maintenance logs
Mechanical Fitters Required Key Skills
Candidates will need to have a good understanding of Mechanical Drive Systems, Transmissions, Hydraulics, Pneumatics and Lubrication systems.
The position is mechanically biased but you will need to have a working knowledge of Electrical systems and CNC controllers.
The position may involve using Lifting Equipment, Access Equipment, Ladders, Tower & Scaffolding.
You would be maintaining lathes, grinders, milling machines etc
Ideally you would be able to use gas and electric welding equipment.
Obviously Health and Safety is paramount in this position.
Ability to work within a team, with a positive attitude to meeting production targets
We are looking for candidates with at least 3 years Mechanical Maintenance experience within an engineering environment.
Candidates living within a 1 hours drive of Rugby will be considered in the first instance.
If you feel you are the right person for this role as a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter and have the skills to do the job please click the "apply now" button to progress you application further.
For other similar jobs search our website. Rugby Recruitment have been finding jobs for engineers since 1988. If this position is not right for you don't hesitate to contact us for alternative roles. If you are a client and wish to obtain information on how we can aid in your engineering recruitment process, please telephone Bill Bates at Rugby Recruitment.
Rugby Recruitment Services Ltd