Accounts Assistant - Circa £22,000 per annum + Benefits
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for market Leading Business based in Birmingham who are looking to appoint a new Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis
This is a 3-way Transactional Support role assisting with Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Credit Control.
Main purpose of the Accounts Assistant role:
- To assist in maintaining sales and purchase ledgers across the business.
- To assist in the processing of bank transactions across the business.
- To assisting with Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Credit Control.
Main responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant:
- Processing both sales and purchase invoices onto our accounting system (Sage)
- Archiving of invoices to maintain proper accounting records
- Liaising with suppliers regarding invoice queries
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations and ensuring suppliers are paid within the company's payment terms
- Ensure authorisation procedures for purchase invoices are followed
- Process purchase order requests from throughout the business
- Place purchase orders for office equipment, stationery and refreshments
- Distributing post received into the finance department to the appropriate individuals
- Processing payments and receipts into company bank accounts
Staff are required to familiarise themselves with the other divisions within the business, and offer support to those departments when requested to suit the demands of the business.
Knowledge, skills & experience preferred:
- Studying ACCA or CIMA
- Previous accountancy experience
- Previous audit experience
- Experienced with Sage Line 50 Accounts
- Experience of preparing management accounts
- Experience of working within a property management / real estate business
- Desire to take on a challenging role
- Ability and willingness to think on your feet, gutsy and can-do attitude
- Dedicated and hard-working
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and to manage your time accordingly
If you are looking for a truly varied role with a rapidly expanding business do not hesitate in applying!