Business Development Manager
SCOPE OF POSITION
The Senior Account Manager/BDM is a pivotal role for generating new business opportunities and earning profitable revenue from customers and prospects on a global scale and also maintaining strong relationships with our current clients. This role encompasses consultative sales during long sales cycles and is suited to a driven, enthusiastic and passionate individual who enjoys new challenges. A true team player continuously learning and improving personal performance, with the ability to embrace change within the organisation as well as the wider business environment.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively generate, qualify and close new business opportunities, globally.
- Generate new business and create new opportunities in existing accounts, as well as identify new prospects.
- Work closely with clients to understand and identify their individual needs: design and structure tailored solutions; write and deliver pricing proposals
- Write and deliver proposals and presentations for prospective customers, write tender responses, write targeted product marketing materials, participate in seminars, trade shows and any other suitable marketing opportunity
- Develop and maintain good relationships with the existing client base, key accounts, suppliers and partners - as well as develop relationships with potential new customers, partners and suppliers.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues in the BD team and colleagues from other departments within the company to achieve the best outcome for the customer as well as the company.
- Meet and exceed set targets
- Strong B2B sales and business development skills
- Ultimate self-starter
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Consultative based sales approach
- Good organisational and time management skills
- High level of computer literacy - Microsoft Office suite
- Proven track record in business development, sales or similar commercial business role - at least 3 years relevant experience
- Experience in B2B consultative sales and operating in customer facing business environments
- High achiever: self-motivated, driven, ambitious, proactive - ability to take initiative and willingness to continuously expand knowledge.
- Results orientated and motivated with a dynamic and proactive individual
- Articulate, well presented with excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills, a team player with excellent written, verbal and numerical skills
- Good Business knowledge and acumen, ability to see the "bigger" picture - ability to anticipate long-term development whilst taking advantage of current opportunities
- Experience in establishing, developing and nurturing relationships with Prospects, Clients, Partners, Suppliers and Colleagues
QUALITY & SECURITY
- Maintain CTC Security Clearance as part of continued employment
- Learn and be aware of new and changing related technology
- Read, review and adhere to the companies processes and procedures and actively contribute to improve
- Ensure continued knowledge and compliance in line with the companies Quality and Information Security Management System
NO AGENCIES PLEASE