Fire Alarm Engineer
Job Title: Fire Alarm Engineer
Salary: £30K - £32K basic plus overtime
Location: London and Surrounding
A well established Fire Protection company who have been trading for over 25 years, is currently recruiting for an experienced fire alarm service and maintenance engineer.
The company employ a team of over 100 highly skilled people, working on a range of projects across the UK from small installations through to large £5m multi-networked systems
Reporting to the Service Manager, key responsibilities include -
- Routine service and breakdown maintenance of fire alarm systems, smoke detection (AOV) and Emergency Lighting
- Fault finding and rectification works to conventional and addressable fire alarms including Ziton, Advanced, Morley, Gent and Kentec, Protec, Notifier
- Routine service and inspection duties
- Small amounts of commissioning, panel changes and upgrades when required
- Part of an on call rota 1 in 11 weeks, from Monday to Sunday (3 engineers covering North/Mids/South)
- Accurate completion of all service and maintenance documentation
- Ensuring the van is maintained and stocked with necessary parts / consumables
- Using a handheld PDA for jobs to be received and completed
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have the following demonstrable skills:
- Proven background in service, fault find and maintenance of addressable and conventional fire alarms
- Strong electrical skills
- Excellent customer service, planning and organisation skills
- Clean drivers license
- Flexibility towards overtime and call out rota
- Be prepared to complete an enhanced background security check
Core working hours of 8am - 5pm Mon to Fri
What's on Offer
Basic salary of £30 - £32K per annum Travel time paid door to door Call out standby allowance of £105 for the week + overtime door to door Mobile Phone & PDA Company car with fitted tracker (personal usage available but mileage to be declared) 25days holiday plus bank hols Contributory Pension scheme
6am to 8am and 5pm to 7pm standard time Weekdays 7pm to midnight time and a half Midnight to 6am double time Weekends Sat 6am to midnight time and a half, all day Sunday double time
Incentive payment of 5% on generation of any small works leads that are converted to orders, capped at £250 payment
Telephone interview immediately, with a face to face interview at 2nd stage.
We're seeking talented individuals that are looking to grow their careers within the fire industry, with the company structure there's ample opportunity to advance your career should you have the right attributes.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of both technical and business services.
We operate as an employment business or an employment agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
For an extensive range of job opportunities please visit our website at www.asc-connections.com