Finance Systems Analyst
Finance Systems Analyst / Systems Accountant
Your new company
Market leading, innovative and growing Somerset company with an excellent reputation as a leading employer in the area.
Your new role
Reporting to the Finance Systems & Compliance Manager, this key role within the Operational Finance Team helps keep control of the finances of a fast growing business. Your role will assist the development, implementation and direct operations of our Finance Systems/Processes/Reporting.
You will work to ensure the Finance Systems are adequately supported, provide support to your colleagues in the wider Finance department. Maintain the integrity of the systems used in Finance both from a UK and International perspective i.e. maintenance of the chart of accounts. Ideally coming from a background in accounting with an in-depth technical knowledge of Finance Systems, you will be a point of contact for business users in regards to their systems needs with a view to ensuring that all financial processes are best suited to meet the changing needs of our growing UK and international expanding business.
- Support the UK and International finance users on Coda, Cognos (Reporting, Planning) and other finance systems, with in-depth finance systems understanding and surrounding finance process knowledge
- Manage and drive improvement in the integrity of the master data, as well as provide administration in the creation of accounts
- Implement and maintain a control process for users, reports and structure changes
- Test, document and train users on changes to finance systems and processes
- Work with colleagues in the finance department to drive and assist in process improvements
- Assist with the evaluation and implementation of SAP
- Provide support in wider business initiatives and Projects by representing finance as a subject matter expert
- Be required to work on projects that might fall outside of normal duties as required by the Finance Management Team
What you'll need to succeed
- A background within finance and accounting
- Experience working with CODA or other similar financial systems i.e. SAP
- Experience in delivering finance specific projects i.e. Invoice Matching, Reporting
- Cognos planning experience would be very advantageous
- Experience working within the retail sector or a large international organisation is advantageous
- Advance knowledge of Excel, Access, VBA and some SQL would be useful
- Experience in handling high volumes of data to analyse and report on
What you'll get in return
Market leading salary, great working environment and long term career progression and mobility.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.