7 days left
- Full Time
A unique brand of beauty product which has grown rapidly in the past 10 years now compromises of over 80 stores in over 12 countries.The UK and european division is now expanding and require a Assistant Accountant to join the team and be part of this exciting journey. This position offers a competitive salary package of £25K - £30k + study support and annual bonus of upto 10%.
Responsibilities will include :
- Review and compare monthly P&L activity against budget to determine whether any accruals or provisions are necessary.
- Collaborate and cooperate with local management and external accountants to maintain reporting standards, accuracy and deadlines communication skills will be of paramount importance.
- Prepare Monthly reporting pack including detailed commentary and analysis of monthly performance, overhead expenses, KPIs and drivers of variances to budget to the Regional Finance Manager - Europe.
- Preparation of VAT returns for review and lodgement by local accountants.
- Assist regional colleagues with queries regarding GL coding
- Perform monthly supplier reconciliations for key supplier accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Primary point of contact to external suppliers for resolving payment queries.
- Reconcile all intercompany loans and liaise with the supply chain team to resolve any variances.
- Reconcile Retail sales to cash received on a monthly basis.
- Reconcile all bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Ongoing and accurate entry of approved and coded supplier invoices to the ERP system. Entry to the ERP system, and subsequent payment of, approved employee expense reimbursement claims.
- Co-ordinate the approval and payment of all invoices, ensuring that company policy around approval limits etc. are followed.
- Preparation of payment batches in conjunction with local management teams.
- Oversee direct debit payments from bank accounts, ensuring they remain appropriate and are amended where necessary.
- As part of this role be involved in a 6 month systems implementation project which will involve direct liaison with your european entities and counterparts
- Other Adhoc Admin and finance duties.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in one or more of the following degrees: Business, Accounting, Finance Commerce or similar is preferred.
- Actively studying towards a professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- At least 2+ years’ experience working in an administrative accounts focused role.
- Experience in the retail sector preferred not essential .
- Previous experience working across multiple countries in the European region an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to pro-actively identify and escalate issues and process improvements together with a good eye for detail. Hands-on, practical problem solving and process improvement skills and ability to complete tasks within set time frames.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills, both verbal and written. Fluent English is a prerequisite - no exceptions.
- Additional European language skills would be a distinct and significant advantage.
- Prior exposure to NetSuite or other ERP systems and retail POS systems would be beneficial.
Do you meet my requirements? Are you ambitious and thrive on a challenge? Will you think outside the box? If so, I'd like to hear from you ASAP. The job is paying between £25K - £30K + 10% bonus and study support.