An interesting opportunity with this leading engineering group based in Sheffield. As a result of further expansion they now require an apprentice trained Electrician on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will work within a team whilst demonstrating personal drive and motivation to deliver results.
They will require an hands on approach and a working knowledge, operation, inspection, testing and maintenance of:
- Electrical distribution systems.
- Electrical control of medium to heavy machine tools that include presses, furnaces, Shotblast machines, grinding machines, milling machines, Powder paint plants and CNC centres
- Able to fault find on and write programs for Siemens - Mitsubishi PLC control
- Conversant with CNC Machining centres including interrogation of Siemens - Fanuc programs for maintenance - fault finding analysis purposes
- good team working abilities
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be a self-starter and highly motivated individual
- Flexible in working time - call out
- Agile - Responds to the business needs using his skill sets.
- Multi skilled
- Have good organisation and time keeping skills
- Conversant with Health and Safety legislation including Electricity at Work Regulations 1989 - Electrical Risk assessments, safe systems of work, PUWER, Work at Height, COSHH, Isolation and Confined space procedures
- Capable of identifying root cause failure and corrective action
- Committed to change and continues improvement
- Experience in developing planned maintenance schedules