Quantity Surveyor - to £45k Benefits
6 days left
- Full Time
We are currently recruiting a Quantity Surveyor to support a range of building and refurbishment projects across our UK estate. The Quantity Surveyor will work with a range of Project Managers and external suppliers to ensure that our stores are built to budget, delivered on time and to the agreed quality level.
SSP have been delivering world-class food and beverage experiences across the UK for more than 60 years. We operate popular owned brands such as Millies Cookies, Upper Crust, Caffe Ritazza and Pumpkin Cafe, as well as franchised brands such as M&S Simply Food and Burger King at travel locations.
Working as a Quantity Surveyor within SSP, you will have a range of responsibilities.
- Undertaking day to day project cost management for a team of project managers across a broad range of retail and catering schemes.
- Prepare budget costs for new business opportunities and tenders.
- Reviewing Landlord shell and core information, in conjunction with project managers, for new sites ensuring costs to SSP are minimised.
- Attend briefing meetings as required and offer advice on the cost of particular build strategies.
- Prepare budget costs based on outline and sketch scheme designs together with presenting opportunities for cost savings.
- Tendering - Prepare Bills/Schedule and /or Scope of Works required to obtain competitive tenders. These Documents will be prepared in line with Drawings, Specifications and Details provided by the Designer.
- Select and review, in conjunction with the project managers, which contractors shall be invited for tender and arrange for agreed tender package to be sent out / agree the location of the tender return.
- Undertake tender review/adjudication and issue a report to the project manager.
- Undertakes cost cutting exercise if the tender is in excess of the approved Capex or allocated budget.
- Liaison with all external consultants, including designers, project coordinators and M&E engineers and to review all aspects of their work in terms of achieving best value for SSP.
- Track and monitor all project variations/change requests and negotiate best price.
- Attend Post Contract review meeting as required by client Project Manager.
We are looking for an experienced Quanity Surveyor with a relevant degree, RICS accreditation and some experience in working in industry.
You will be tenacious, hard working, capable, flexible and adaptable; able to plan and carries out activities in an orderly and structured way.
- Takes personal responsibility for own actions and for sorting out issues or problems that arise.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and have the skills required for dealing with different levels of management and employees
- Excellent interpersonal and client relation skills
- Excellent knowledge of building contract documentation
- Excellent negotiation skills
As well as a competitive salary for this role, you can also enjoy full induction and training in role with SSP policies and procedures, 20% discount of SSP brands and a whole host of discounts and promotions from other retailers and service providers. We also offer a host of other benefits that you'd expect from a global employer.