General Ledger Analyst
General Ledger Analyst, Telford, £19,000 - £23,000 plus benefits including study support.
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for market leading business based in Telford who are looking to appoint a new General Ledger Analyst on a permanent basis paying between £19,000 - £23,000 plus benefits.
Main purpose of the General Ledger Analyst role:
To provide support to the Finance Manager and relevant staff in the business by assisting in aspects of financial analysis. To identify business processes that impact the financial results and suggest any required changes/improvements within and across departments. Build and develop cross functional finance relationships to ensure key inputs and outputs are delivered timely. Responsibilities to include problem solving and analytical thinking offering appropriate financial challenge. Ensure all job objectives are completed in accordance with the company's TCF and Governance culture.
Main responsibilities of the General Ledger Analyst:
- Provide commercial and financial support to the Finance managers and relevant business functions.
- Support the delivery of complete and accurate financial data for reporting purposes in line with business and financial frameworks.
- Ensure deliverables are produced accurately, timely and of requisite quality through appropriate ownership and planning of responsibilities.
- Support and embed a culture of financial and commercial challenge.
- Understand the Risk and Control framework, applying finance knowledge to ensure risks are identified and escalated through appropriate channels, and controls are adhered to.
- Develop effective relationships with internal and cross functional contacts and be seen as a key business support.
- Support the smooth running and improvement of financial processes, models and systems (i.e. the general ledger, forecasting tool and group submission tool).
- Support continuous end to end improvement to ensure both financial accuracy and correct policy holder outcome in accordance with conduct policy.
- Complete detailed technical analysis and problem solve root cause in line with SLA's and timetables.
- Produce and summarise MI that supports business action and cross functional understanding of the processes.
- Respond and escalate where appropriate, to stakeholder requests as per service agreements, managing own time and approach to task
- Articulate financial information to non-financial individuals across the organisation.
- Supports training for staff, able to provide feedback and coaching as required.
Key skills required:
- Will be AAT qualified with a desire to progress and be willing to study or be studying their ACCA or CIMA.
- Communicates effectively, including written and oral presentation, engaging customers and stakeholders as appropriate to role
- Demonstrates good organisational skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work very well in a team or independently, consulting and involving others appropriately in the wider function and business.
- Strong analytical skills
- Adapts to change without management.
- Computer literate and competent with all required operating systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Understands the commercial environment.
- Understanding of double entry accounting.
- Knowledge of operation of General Ledger and policy transaction systems including journal preparation and posting.
- Knowledge of Life and Pensions regulatory environment (not essential).
What to do now:
If you would like to work as a General Ledger Analyst for a prestigious global organisation who are offering a competitive salary plus the opportunity for study support and secondments throughout the business then apply now or get in touch for more information.