Procurement Assistant – Gloucester
Salary up to £30,000 DOE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Procurement Assistant to join a team supporting construction projects within the UK. Accountable to the Head of Supply Chain, the successful candidate will be required to conduct all administration activities for the supply chain team. Additional procurement activity will be required on an ongoing basis to assist the members of the supply chain team.
- Co-ordination of management information reporting on a routine basis
- Provide support to the procurement team (For example: Support order placement and supplier payment activities)
- Maintenance of a structured and secure electronic and physical filing system
- Support to the compliance programme within Supply Chain to ensure that the company procurement processes are adhered to
- Management and co-ordination of the stakeholder / supplier liaison programme to ensure the Supply Chain team maintain the correct levels of engagement with key stakeholders both internal and external to the project
- Recording minutes of meetings and ensuring timely distribution to required parties
- Ensure that all activities are carried out with full regard to regulatory expectations, statutory regulations, company and location directives, procedures and safety rules
- Proven ability to develop and maintain relationships at all levels, with first class communication skills
- Proven administration skills including key IT software capabilities (i.e. Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to work to challenging deadlines and experience of delivering to business requirements
- Working knowledge of procurement processes in a relevant industry
- Demonstrable time management and planning skills
- A minimum of one years' experience working in a similar role in a relevant industry
- Demonstrate relevant knowledge and understanding
- Desire to develop within a growing organisation
- Japanese Language skills desirable, but not essential
- Willingness to travel
- Ability to hold UK Security Clearance
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.