Employability & Skills Coach
Employability & Skills Coach
£23,000 to £24,000 per annum
Full time and permanent
CMD recruitment are excited to be working with a leading National Provider to support them with the recruitment of an Employability and Skills Coach.
My client is a diverse international business which has a strong ongoing commitment to improving the economic and social wellbeing of the community through various contracts. Everyday provides an opportunity to help people regain quality of life and return to making valuable contributions to society all driven by the team of dedicated employees. This makes this employer an exciting and rewarding place to work.
About the role
You will actively engage with individuals and primarily focus on delivering employability skills and work experience to ensure learners are work-ready for vacancies in their priority sectors. You will achieve this through a mix of assessments and diagnostics, training plan creations and delivery, and supporting and developing soft skills. This includes interview techniques, motivation and confidence coaching - you really will be an experienced all-rounder!
You will build strong relations to effectively plan engagement activities to ensure this meets all stakeholder expectations.
This is a busy and varied role which will require you to use all of your proven skills and behaviours to provide a robust and dedicated support to clients.
You will be working within a fast-paced, results driven and rewarding environment, no two days will be the same.
The successful candidate must be able to travel across the desired area applied for and adopt a flexible working approach in line with key stakeholders.
- To manage a caseload of clients on a one-to-one and group basis
- To utilise a variety of means to facilitate improved employability
- To develop and maintain effective working relationships with organisations in order to ensure flows of new clients meet delivery expectations
- To effectively plan, deliver and evaluate engagement activities to ensure this meets all stakeholder expectations.
- To identify and coordinate a range of recruitment and selection strategies to secure employment for our clients
- To support unemployed clients in job search, job matching and sustainability of employment to include delivery of one-to-one and group training sessions
- To proactively identify and research potential partnership opportunities in line with the engagement strategy
- To be a source of expert advice regarding employer and vacancy expectations
- To liaise closely with all relevant parties to ensure service levels are maintained
- To accurately maintain relevant IT systems and produce accurate and timely management information
- To adhere to quality processes and procedures
- To monitor own progress towards business and individual objectives
- Under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 each employee has a responsibility to Health and Safety and must also adhere to their responsibilities as laid out in the H & S policy.
- Any other related duties as required by the business objectives
The successful candidate will:
- be an adept communicator with the ability to persuade, influence and listen to others,
- display strong motivational, customer service and organisational skills,
- be competent in the use and purpose of technology with excellent IT skills,
- possess demonstrable lateral thinking skills,
- be an enthusiastic and flexible team player with high expectations of self and others
- be able to work under pressure, on own initiative and constantly seek to improve.
You will also be able to demonstrate the following skills in addition to the relevant job description requirements:
- Persuading and influencing
- Developing others
- Time management
If this role is of interest then please contact Lesley Price for a confidential conversation.