Senior Manager, collections & recoveries strategy
Driving the maximisation of customer contact rates to deliver financial commitments and improve collections effectiveness. Develop new contact strategies, aligned to customer circumstances, providing best support to customers in financial difficulties.
Lead the development and effectiveness monitoring of collections strategies across all the products and portfolios. This role is central to the success of the collections and recoveries function and will lead strategic decision making regarding collections communication tools and operational strategies.
- Lead development of collections contact and operational strategies through champion/challenger testing and data driven decisions, particularly aligning contact strategies to deliver the impairment goals
- Lead discussion in Credit Committee to seek approval of the contact, operational and recoveries strategies
- Refresh data and analytics for operational collection strategies and recommend improvement opportunities
- Ensure effectiveness monitoring of all contact and operational strategies across all portfolios and channels
- Ensure the collection strategies comply with all regulatory requirement, polices, and align to industry best practice.
- Achieve business financial and non-financial objectives through thought leadership and effective delivery
- Maintain a close working with relationship with Credit Risk to collaboratively develop effective strategies while ensuring efficient operational deployment of approved strategies
- Lead strategy optimisation initiatives to reduce operating expenses while balancing business impairment objectives
- Represent the Collections within internal working groups, steering committees, and external industry bodies
- Improve delinquent customer experience through enhancing the customer journey and by utilising customer feedback to customise contact strategy, channel preference and frequency
- Complete analytics and trend analysis in order to execute profitable debt sales and deliver impairment goals
Skills and Experience
- Previous collections operations experience
- Strong background of strategy development across dialler, IVM, IVR, SMS, Email, and Web channels
- Previous analytics experience, highly numerate
- Understanding of impairment, flow rates, and key collections drivers
- Ability to communicate and influence senior stakeholders through strong presentation, written, and verbal language skills
- Knowledge of FCA and legal requirements related to consumer finance
- Appreciation of TCF principles and FCA CONC
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Previous debt sale experience