English Teacher TLR 2a
English Teacher plus TLR 2A required for Boston
English Teacher plus TLR 2A is required at a local federation Haven High Academy (BWAF) who are located in Boston South Lincolnshire
Salary: M1-M6/U1-U3 Plus TLR 2A
Start: September 2017
Location: Boston (South Lincolnshire)
ARE YOU LOOKING TO PROCESS FOR CAREER? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR SEPTEMBER 2017? this position may be for you....
Haven High Academy is situated in the town of Boston in rural Lincolnshire. The Academy is part of the Boston Witham Academies Federation which includes Carlton Road, Staniland, Park, Fishtoft, Gosberton, Pioneers and Wygate Park Academies. Haven High Academy is a popular and successful 11-18 comprehensive school situated in delightful rural surroundings on the Lincolnshire border; they are looking to appoint a English Teacher plus TLR 2A (UPR1-3/M1-6) for September 2017.
"The Federation prides itself on working in partnership to enhance the life experiences and chances of all the children and young people who come through their doors. Each academy works tirelessly to deliver a comprehensive, broad and flexible curriculum designed to meet the needs of all their children and young people. Partnership is not simply a word for the Federation but truly an ethos. They believe that every child matters and their motto reflect their commitment to give their children the best start in life. Parents, carers and the wider community are welcomed into every academy to form part of the vital support needed to create the adults of the future. They place great emphasis on creating a caring environment for every child that they support, supporting them in their personal development, meet their needs, and ensure that all children and young people have the opportunity not only to reach but also to exceed their potential". Applications are welcome from candidates with a successful track record in: planning lessons to facilitate independent learning; matching learning activities to the abilities and needs of students; and effective/constructive marking and assessment".
To be successful, you will have:
- Qualified Teacher Status
- Outstanding / Good Teacher with Headteacher recommendation for the post
- A good degree In English or a related subject
- A proven track record of raising and maintaining high educational standards in English
- Substantial, successful experience of teaching students of all abilities, in the secondary phase (11-18)
TLR 2A Responsibilities will cover;
- Provide advice and support for staff on the development of students' literacy skills with the Reading Coordinator and Head of English Faculty.
- Develop the reading skills of all students in lessons and through a range of enrichment activities working with the Literacy Coordinator and Head of English Faculty.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a leading Academy to expand your teaching practice and inspire students.
Applications are welcome from candidates with a successful track record in: planning lessons to facilitate independent learning; matching learning activities to the abilities and needs of students; and effective/constructive marking and assessment.
Haven High Academy can offer the successful candidate;
- A competitive salary
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise our pupils' achievement even further
- Enthusiastic pupils who are eager to learn and are proud of their school
- Health benefits package
- Childcare voucher scheme
- CPD opportunities
To discuss the post or to request further information please contact, Penelope Semmer at Hays Education on , or email
Hays Specialist Recruitment are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all candidates to share this commitment.