Functional Skills Tutor
Functional Skills Tutor
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Salary - £21,000 to £27,000 (dependent on experience)
- 25 days annual leave per year exclusive of bank holidays
Havilah prospects is a training provider who offer a range of Apprenticeships in Health and Social Care, Management, Business and Administration, Customer Service, Children and Young People’s Workforce and Team Leading. We also offer a range of short courses and unaccredited courses.
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and driven Functional Skills Tutor to join our growing assessment team.
Summary of responsibilities
- Teach and assess Functional Skills English / Maths / ICT to learners on vocational programmes.
- To support vocational tutors within curriculum areas to embed Functional Skills in schemes of work and lesson plans.
- To contribute to the tutorial guidance and support process for learners
- Devise a programme of learning (scheme of work) with appropriate teaching and learning strategies, resources and assessments.
- Maintain and enhance the quality of the students learning experience on the programme
- To support the development of shared teaching resources for Functional Skills
- Prepare an assessment plan for the programme that meets the awarding bodies’ requirements and the Centre’s students charter and strategic plan
- Keep records of student progress and achievement and communicate these to relevant parties as required
- Support the Head of Centre and Operations Manager by providing information necessary for Centre operations
- Review performance of programme against targets
- Maintain attendance registers and update as required
- Register students with awarding body as required
- Contribute to marketing activities, including liaison with outside organisations.
- Participate in guidance interviews, enrolment and induction for the programme
- Evaluate and develop own practice
- Ensure the safety of staff and students in accordance with the Centre’s Health, Safety and Policy
- Carry out all duties with due regard to Health and Safety Regulations
- To positively promote equality of opportunity for staff and students
- To carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time
- Teaching qualification - DTTLS / PGCE / PTTLS
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in English/Maths/ICT
- First degree
- Familiar and confident in using MS Excel, Outlook and Word
Skills and attributes
- Well organised and good timekeeping skills
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt
- Good team player with sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate and encourage others
- Demonstrates effective administration skills
- Enthusiastic and creative in teaching methods - ability to think on your feet
- Can work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Full UK driving license and use of own car desirable not essential / ability to travel to various locations for teaching sessions
This job description is not an exhaustive list and only gives a brief outline of the main duties of the role; from time to time you will be given additional tasks in line with the job role.