Researcher - £25K Potential Bonus - Recruitment - SW London
Our client is a rapidly growing executive search firm with office based in London and the US. Their focus covers all sectors but they specialise in areas such as tech, business operations and transformation.
Working with a range of clients from around the world, typically FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 companies. You’ll have chance to make real impact on global multi-billion dollar businesses like Samsung, Burberry, Volkswagen, AstraZeneca and Maersk.
Day-to-day activities will include:
- Researchers support consultants on a range of search assignments, by helping them prepare for competitive pitches to win work, assisting with briefing meetings once assignments have been won, and by helping to develop ongoing client relationships
- The core of the Researcher’s role is in identifying potential candidates and in helping our consultants understand particular markets. Once a search has begun, researchers help to determine where the most appropriate candidates will be found: this task requires curiosity, ingenuity, and tenacity
- Capturing relevant knowledge and presenting it clearly and accurately, by using our database for example, is essential to allow us to leverage our research for maximum impact. For the reputation of our business, we need our researchers to be fastidious in recording relevant information and scrupulous in presenting it, clearly and relevantly
- Over time, researchers gain increasing client exposure, taking part in meetings, attending interviews, taking references, and preparing candidate reports for clients. Our client is privileged to work with the leaders of some of the world’s most successful companies: you will soon find yourself dealing with some extremely accomplished people, so a degree of poise, discretion and professionalism are essential
Key candidate requirements for the role:
- Graduate. We would consider any disciplinary background. A post-graduate qualification would be desirable, but is not essential
- A self-starter with a strong results orientation. However, this will be combined with a subtlety of approach and sensitivity towards human motivation
- A sharp intellect, combined with curiosity, diverse interests and a willingness to challenge
- Good at multi-tasking and meeting deadlines, with an ability to handle multiple assignments, in different sectors, simultaneously
- An ability to deal with ambiguity and complexity, but with an awareness of the need to produce results for our clients
- Analytical. Able to synthesise and distil relevant information quickly and accurately
- Organised and thorough. Able to take ownership of all aspects of their work.
- Diligent, flexible and committed
- Focused, with an eye for detail, whilst at the same time able to see the bigger picture
- First class communication skills, both written and oral. Dissatisfied with less than perfect presentation
- Adaptable communication style fitting to circumstance – always professional, but able to form relationships with clients and candidates
- Self-motivating, eagerness to learn and challenge oneself
- An interest in advancing the broader interests of the firm
- A professional manner, but with a sense of humour and fun
What are the perks of working for this company?
- Access to partners and amazing access to FTSE 100 clients
- Diverse client list that includes Samsung, Nando’s, Electrocomponents, Burberry, Pearson, Argos and many more!
- We have a strong work ethic and give staff a lot of responsibility and client exposure from the outset. In return we have a fun, lively and rewarding culture; for example, the company fully funded a luxury ski holiday in Val D’Isere, we attended a Burberry show, staff lunches, team building activities such as go-karting, escape room, etc
- Great team – collaborative, informal, fun
- 25 days holiday plus 3 days over Christmas in addition to public holidays
- Onsite gym paid for