National Account Manager - Grocery
With a history dating back over 100 years we are delighted to be working in close partnership with our client, one of the UK’s leading Bakery Ingredients suppliers. Privately owned and with an unrivaled level of focus on R&D our client operates within the Retail, Industrial and Foodservice channels. An opportunity has arisen to recruit a talented National Account Manager within their Retail/ Grocery channel - managing Morrison’s & Asda.
In this key commercial role you will be working cross functionally to maintain and develop profitable relationships with a small portfolio of strategically important customers within the Grocery Retail channel (Morrison’s & Asda).
- To report directly into the Instore Bakery Controller
- P&L responsible, develop sales volumes and increase margins within customer base
- Identify and lead new business opportunities with the customer via Joint Business Planning
- Identify NPD opportunities and 'value added’ products as part of an ongoing strategy
- Project Management of new products and all product launches within customer base
- Work cross functionally with R&D, Supply Chain, Operations and the Commercial teams
- Other tasks include Forecasting, Price Co-ordination, Stock Management and being Proactive
- A proven Commercial track record within any FMCG channel including Grocery, Convenience, Wholesale, Foodservice or B2B/ Industrial
- An ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally
- NPD experience is advantageous however not essential
- Hands on, self driven and determined individual
- Located anywhere between the M62 Corridor (NW) and Oxford (Midlands)
In return our client is offering a highly competitive basic salary (negotiable dependent on experience) with access to a company bonus scheme, company car, 10% Contributory Pension and 25 Days Holiday (plus statutory days).
If you feel you possess the necessary experience combined with drive and ambition then we would welcome your application and we’ll be in touch with further information.
Please note, due to the high volume of applications if you do not hear from us within 7 working days then please consider you application unsuitable on this occasion. We will however retain your details on file and be in touch should a suitable opportunity arise - thank you.