Service Project Engineer
Job Title: Service Project Engineer
Location: This role will be 50% field-based, 50% office-based, working throughout the UK. Depending on the candidate's location, working from home or our clients UK headquarters in Oxfordshire may be an option.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 + Overtime + Discretionary bonus
Benefits: Company Van + Pension + 25 days holidays + Bank Holidays.
Our client was founded in 1963 as an independent provider of hydraulic accessories and is today an internationally established group with over 8000 employees, 50 branch offices and 500 trade and service partners world-wide.
They are looking for a Service Engineer to work within their growing Service team to expand their presence in UK markets. This exciting role will be focussed across a number of industries and products including automotive, industrial, mobile and power generation.
- Perform service, maintenance and repair work on customer products and our clients existing hire equipment.
- Carry out analysis and prepare reports on the condition of hydraulic and lube systems.
- Support customers in technical aspects of installation and commissioning of our clients products.
- Manage all aspects of allocated service projects, from quotations, procurement and costs, to managing repair / maintenance /installation projects on site.
- Support product managers and sales engineers with demonstrations, commissioning and trials on site.
The nature of the role means they are looking for someone with good interpersonal skills who is comfortable working in a team environment, ideally with previous site work experience in the UK fluid power market. The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Experience of the fluid power industry.
- Ideally educated to BTEC ONC/ foundation degree / HNC level or equivalent.
- Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to fluctuating work demands and multiple priorities.
- Well organised, conscientious and hard working.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong understanding of customer service, problem solving and able to identify new sales opportunities.
- Good IT skills using Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV for this role.
Candidates with experience of Fluid Service Engineer and Hydraulics Service Engineer will also be considered for this role.