Cardiology and Respiratory Manager
The Lister Hospital campus in South West London, part of HCA Healthcare UK; a group of award-winning private hospitals in London, has an international reputation for providing high quality private healthcare to patients across a wide range of specialties.
The campus encompasses one of the most famous landmarks in Chelsea, The Lister Hospital located next to Chelsea Bridge; The Chelsea Outpatients Centre, a modern and contemporary private diagnostic and treatment facility on the famous Chelsea Kings Road and our private outpatient physiotherapy service and independent private general practice at the Chelsea Medical Centre.
Our campus includes a 57 bedded inpatient service across three floors, with a brand new Inpatient Oncology Service to open in 2017, a six-bedded Critical Care Unit and comprehensive Outpatient Clinic services. We are also proud to house one of the most widely recognised leading fertility centres in the UK, The Lister Fertility Clinic.
As the Cardiology & Respiratory Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of the department to ensure the continued delivery of a high quality service to patients. You will oversee all financial, governance, operational, and personnel requirements for the department whilst still providing specialist clinical knowledge and delivering expert care for patients undergoing diagnosis and treatment in the Department.
This is a full time role working 37.5hrs per week
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £54,786 - £64,648 and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
Benefits: We'll look after you with our contribution pension scheme, the use of all HCA facilities for acute medical conditions, annual salary review, 25 days holiday each year and access to a fantastic flexible benefits scheme. We can also offer you a relocation packages if you are living outside of London or the UK. You can expect to be working in an environment that promotes the development of your skills and knowledge.
- Perform a wide range of procedures including; Stress testing, respiratory function testing and BP and HR ambulatory monitoring at independent practitioner level
- Perform a wide range complex or advanced procedures, in the following Clinical Physiology fields e.g. Echocardiography, Cardiopulmonary stress testing, Mannatol challenges
- Analyse and interpret real time results and monitor and respond to changes in the patients' clinical status in fields of Clinical Physiology
- Provide expert and specialist advice to patients, colleagues and clinicians regarding outcomes of cardiology procedures and where appropriate development of individual care plans.
- Prepare equipment; ensuring daily checks and calibration is carried out and investigate any identified or reported electro-medical equipment faults
- Adhere to rules, policies, procedures and standards of the hospital and professional guidelines as required by the RCCP, ARTP, BSE and SCT
- Initiate outpatient registration process ensuring that all relevant patient details are recorded and process test results
- Ensure that optimal levels of stock and equipment are maintained to meet service needs at all times.
- Participate in technical appraisal and purchase of capital equipment and consumables by trailing equipment and providing expert technical advice, and auditing the use of current equipment including pacing systems, echo machines, EP equipment etc.
- Responsible for budgets and all HR duties
- Effectively liaise with Consultants, GPs and other healthcare professionals regarding individual patient care.
- Participate in audit programs for clinical and management data ensuring that requirements are adhered to and that data is available for presentation and/or further analysis
Skills & Experience
As the suitable candidate you will be registered by the RCCP, IBHRE and/or BHRS, having substantial post qualification experience in a Respiratory and/or Cardiac Physiology role which is supported by experience in conducting Echocardiography or Cardiopulmonary Stress testing. Having worked at management level previously it is important you have financial experience of managing budgets and capital expenditure and of being involved with integrated governance groups.
As an excellent leader, you will provide direction and development to all staff to enhance customer experience. Having a pleasant and positive attitude, whilst also being decisive and able and willing to take managerial responsibility, will assist you in developing excellent working relationship across all stakeholders; as will having excellent communication skills.