Business Development Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Our client are an integrated fuels and lubricants company focused on providing bespoke service solutions to its growing customer base through each of its eight business sectors. They are focused on achieving a sustainable culture by behaving ethically, valuing its people and local communities whilst setting the example in the protection of our environment.
Based in the Feltham office and reporting to the General Manager, the Business Development Manager will be responsible for securing new business in line with the business unit strategy. The Business Development Manager will also manage an ever-growing portfolio of existing customers and delivering sales results in line with the individual and collective business unit budget.
In addition, they will support the General Manager and the rest of the team in ensuring that all administrative duties are carried out to the highest possible standard, whilst communicating efficiently and effectively with both our customers and colleagues. This is an office based telesales position with the core office hours being 07:30 - 16:30 Monday to Friday. The team is small yet dynamic with an environment and culture that is driven toward achieving operational excellence and business growth. It is also a target driven environment with the focus on celebrating individual and collective success.
Sustainability and Ethics - As an employee, you will understand and adhere to all company policies, procedures, business ethics and sustainability commitments.
Sales & Marketing Performance - Responsible for meeting agreed sales targets and customer service standards via key performance indicators (KPIs) for your business. Targets will be exceeded through harmonious and efficient working environment, effective planning and time management coupled with a clear desire to win and a high-level work ethic.
Personal Development - Through the demonstration of a positive disposition and role model behaviours, you will lead by example setting the standard with colleagues at all times and in all circumstances. Continually seeking to improve your performance, you will be an advocate and proactive participant in our clients Personal Development Process.
CRM Management - The capability to ensure the complete understanding of the company's CRM system and report functions is critical to the success of this role. Our client continually strives to provide the most advanced systems. This will provide the level of management information required to manage the complexities of your business and understand the value of your activities.
Performance Management - To help ensure all employees perform to the highest possible standards and in-line with company expectations, our client employs a robust performance management process. This includes individual personal development plans, monthly review meetings and quarterly performance management. CRM derived data will be utilised to monitor and manage all team members' performance regarding both financial and other KPI driven business metrics.
Work life Balance - Our client is committed to ensuring all employees achieve an appropriate balance between their working commitments and family life.
- Self-accountability and drive to deliver monthly, quarterly and annual sales numbers, ensuring the delivery of the budgetary, share of wallet, data integrity and other KPI commitments are exceeded.
- Understand the Delegation of Authority (DOA) level and act accordingly to ensuring compliance with all company systems, processes, conduct and ethics, including: HR, finance, procurement, credit etc.
- Understand and pro-actively participate in the delivery of the business strategy by identifying and developing new business opportunities and markets within the West London business remit and sales areas.
- Understand and effectively utilise of the company's CRM system and ensure the sales pipeline process is fully utilised and the required data captured at all times.
- Manage the account review process for all unallocated customers in an efficient and timely manner to the agreed standards, ensuring only quality database entered into the system.
- Management of relevant sales figures and other key metrics using the most up to date tools available and taking the required steps to generate further quality business. In the cases of business contraction, you will fully understand the root causes and seek to rectify immediately report all instances where this is not possible.
- Pro-actively work to continuously improve internal company communication, building strong cross-functional relationships particularly with West London and management colleagues.
- Strictly adhere to the company's credit policy accepting that zero bad debt is achievable.
- Pro-actively seek to improve your knowledge of the businesses, products and service offerings across all sectors.
- Become a knowledge expert and be vocal in expressing your thoughts, ideas and opportunities.
- Ensure you are fully compliant with the performance management process and with your line manager develop a fair and relevant plan and hold timely and positive reviews in line with the company's documented process. Conduct regular training needs self-assessments in order to understand training requirements, pro-actively seek training and ensure utilisation of online tools.
- Continuously monitor and improve customer service standards by