Executive Compensation Manager
Executive Compensation Manager
Up to £70K + Bonus & Excellent Benefits
Based Wythall, South Birmingham (B47)
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of applying your Executive Reward based knowledge and leadership expertise in a key role with the UK’s largest specialist consolidator of Closed Life Assurance funds, with 6.1 million policy holders and assets under management of £74 billion, including the recently acquired Abbey Life, AXA Wealth & Sun Life businesses.
Justifiably proud of our status as one of 'Britain’s Top Employers’ for the last 6 consecutive years, we’re continually seeking to build on this well-earned accolade and as our Executive Compensation Manager you’ll be working in a fast-paced environment right at the forefront of a packed and exciting people agenda.
Reporting to the Head of Reward, this is a brand-new appointment, with a focus on providing strong management of the reward framework, with a particular focus on executive remuneration and regulation. Responsible for ensuring the reward framework remains compliant with regulation, whilst delivering a competitive reward package, you’ll also support the due diligence process on M&A and integration activities, especially around the pension offering.
Specialising in Executive Compensation, Remuneration Frameworks and Regulation/Legislation relating to this subject matter - you’ll enjoy a broad-based role spanning the complete Executive Reward spectrum, which will involve:
- Actively supporting the executive remuneration pay process, liaising with external benchmark consultancies, whilst owning the programme of reward education for senior employees to better understand remuneration elements.
- Drafting papers for the Remuneration Committee, Executive Committee and any other Boards/Committees, together with drafting annual Director’s Remuneration Report.
- Managing the development, implementation and day to day management of the reward framework, whilst providing direction, support and guidance on reward management issues, including pensions, to HR and business managers.
- Managing Solvency II remuneration requirements including: Bespoke arrangements for Covered Staff; Reporting (Solvency & Financial Conduct Report, Regular Supervisory Report, Remuneration Statement etc.); and OSP oversight attestation
- Researching and developing proposals for the evolution of the Company’s pension and life assurance arrangements, to ensure they continue to be competitive and cost-effective within the Financial Services sector.
- Regular Board and other management reporting of reward activity
As an experienced Reward Professional, with a high level of Executive level remuneration know-how, you should have related financial services or regulated background and must be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of remuneration regulation within financial services, in particular Solvency II
- Excellent written communication skills
- Risk awareness within financial services
- Experience of translating regulation & legislation in to working practice
- Analytical and data rational with excellent presentation of data, accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of executive reward models
- Strong operational & stakeholder relationship management
- Financial services industry knowledge
- Strong awareness of data manipulation methodology and modelling
In return, you can look forward to a superb opportunity in a rapidly developing FTSE 250 listed company, who are able to offer excellent rewards and great conditions
To apply online, simply click apply now.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Friday 12th May 2017.