Salary: £19,000 - £24,000
Great benefits and excellent working hours!!
Looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to progress in and an exceptional fashion organisation!
We are currently working along side a responsible business, who believes that all their products should be ethically sourced; who now have an excellent opportunity for a Garment Technologist / Technical Assistant to join the team based in Manchester.
The purpose of your role is to ensure all products produced are safe for customer consumption, assist with new product specifications and administrate the technical information for the company; whilst managing and monitoring the technical process for all product categories for men’s, women’s and children’s accessories and overseeing and approving all department test reports and wash care labelling.
- Liaise on, product development, production and sourcing that are based off shore
- Ensure efficiency of the sample process flow, approval of samples from a technical point of view and preparation for the collection sign-off
- Provide technical direction specific to needs and cost specifications.
- Take outputs from the seasonal Trend Presentations and translate for all categories;
- Quality management of products, implementation of standard operating procedures AQL inspections of all overseas production.
- Be responsible for fit consistency
- Monthly assessments of customer returns and complaints
- Conducting seasonal lesson learnt reviews
- Providing suppliers with day to day technical support and troubleshooting
- Strong relevant industry experience is essential
- Experience of working with a brand would be an advantage
- A practical knowledge and experience of garment fitting, quality and performance
- A good understanding of garment production systems
- A working knowledge of garment wash techniques / processes
- A good understanding of brand values
- Good knowledge and experience of garment construction, pattern cutting techniques, grading and the fitting process
- Must have experience of working and communicating with far eastern manufacturers
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has the eagerness, passion and drive to work in a fast paced busy environment, who wants to be part of a winning team, in an excellent environment and with an attractive salary and benefits package.
For more information please contact one of specialist consultants quoting REFL NJR6479
KEYWORDS: Technical Assistant, Retail, Fashion, Product development, Suppliers, Far East, Marketing, Development