Finance Consultant (Education)
Please note this role is primarily homebased and does include a car / car allowance as part of the renumeration package.
Are you a finance expert looking for a change of career?
Are you interested in putting your finance knowledge / skills to use in a way that delivers innovative business solutions to schools and academies?
Access is one of most successful and fastest growing software groups in the UK. On-going commitment to excellence, customers and employees has also placed the company among the UK’s top employers in The Sunday Times’ 100 'Best Companies to Work For’ for the past three years in a row.
Over the last 3 years we have gone from 380 employees to now currently just over 1000, through both organic growth and acquisition. Access have a 2020 vision to double the size of the company which will create huge opportunity for employees and see us gain even more market share. At the moment we have over 10,000 customers using our software and services which include SaaS, ERP, finance, HR, Payroll, CRM, warehousing, business intelligence, professional services automation and manufacturing.
The role of Consultant - Education varies from day to day, but always puts the customer firmly at the heart of everything we do. Be it delivering end user training on our suite of products, or providing consultancy services to schools and academies throughout England, every day will offer the ability to contribute to improving the life chances of children through innovative solutions in schools. As a Consultant - Education you will be a trusted advisor to Business Managers and Finance staff in schools and academies providing outstanding end user training on our web based software solutions and providing ad hoc consultancy services. You will have a passion for education finance and for delivering innovative solutions to the Education Sector.
Some of the main responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of financial consultancy and bursarial services to schools and academies against defined requirements, e.g. preparation of the budget, budget monitoring and forecasting, completion of financial returns, year-end closedown, etc.
- Deliver software training to individuals and groups.
- Participate in the delivery of training courses.
- Become an expert in the products you work with. This is a fast paced portfolio of products so although training will be given you must be passionate about the product and take personal responsibility to familiarize yourself with the software.
- Exceeding customer expectations and having a passion for service excellence
- Develop key customer relationships, hold customer focus groups
So what are we looking for?
Key experience & skills required:
- Degree in Finance/Accountancy or other relevant qualification. Or otherwise qualified by more than 3 years’ demonstrable experience in a Finance role.
- Strong presence and demonstrated ability to build, extend and maintain client relationships
- Strong customer focus behaviours, results driven, dynamic, adaptable, and a proactive attitude
- Experience of working with all levels of client up to and including board level
- Collaborative and consultative work style
- Flexibility for travel. This is a road based role where between 60% and 75% of your time could be spent at customer sites.
- Project management experience (desirable)
- Competency to drive results; collaboration; influencing for impact; adaptability; judgment; customer focus
- Experience in education finance, e.g. as a bursar, business manager or within a local authority finance department (desirable)
- Ability to confidently and effectively present to, and train others.
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in please click apply or contact Jessica Hedley in the recruitment team for more information!