As an Accounting Senior, you will be required to use your previous statutory & management accounts preparation experience and work closely with, and support, senior members within the team and assist in the timely delivery of services. You will be accountable for much of the fieldwork.
- Control all aspects of the accounts fieldwork which includes direction of the accounts team in their work and responsible for all aspects of file completion.
- Assist Managers in planning and controlling assignments to ensure their completion to the required standard and within budget, with any budget overruns to be reported to a Manager.
- Complete smaller assignments with a minimum of Manager supervision.
- Produce a complete accountancy working paper file with draft accounts for a job that involves incomplete record work.
- Post sales, purchases, bank and journal entries on the firm’s approved accounts package and produce required reports for management account purposes.
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns and highlight any unusual items ready for review.
- Ensure all clients’ needs are met in regards to answering queries promptly, building a rapport with the client and anticipating requirements.
- Provide clients with value-adding recommendations for improvements in processes and controls.
- Supervise, train, motivate and develop junior members of staff both on client premises and in the office, and review and appraise work at the end of the assignment.
- Participate in sales and marketing activities.
- ACA or ACCA Qualified or equivalent
- Experience preparing management accounts
- Experience of statutory accounts preparation under IFRS and UK GAAP
- Experience of using multiple accounting software
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Previous experience in a senior role, including motivating and developing junior members of staff
- Enjoys detailed accounting
- Self-motivated & proactive
- Able to effectively delegate & train more junior members of the team
- Good client service skills
- Experience of using Microsoft NAV or Xero
- Experience providing treasury services
- US GAAP experience