QHS Advisor - Industrial Customers South Region
JOB TITLE: QHS Advisor - Industrial Customers South Region
LOCATION: South based covering Cornwall, Kent, Lincoln, Cambridge and Birmingham
SALARY: £35-40,000 depending on experience plus bonus and car or car allowance and benefits package
Our World Today…
The population on earth is set to grow to over 9 billion by 2050. Our world is still developing, putting pressure on natural, economic and human resources.
To take better care of the planet and the people who live on it - this is our way forward. This is how we intend to make our mark and contribute to the greater good.
Today, water, waste and energy can all be recovered. Transforming what is discarded by some into valuable resources for others. Our strategy is to create green products and energy from waste through innovative technology, preserving resources for generations to come. This is Resourcing the World.
Make your mark…
About the role;
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced QHSE Advisor who has ideally worked in the energy / waste / water industry to join Veolia UK in a Southern role supporting the Industrial Customers Business across the South of the UK, however occasional travel is expected across the UK as necessary.
You will be a strong communicator and be able to engage with people at all levels, we are looking for somebody who is able to help strengthen the safety culture within the diverse activities across the Industrial Customers Business.
About Veolia Industrial Services
In the UK, Veolia has established a strong presence in industrial cleaning and maintenance services. We will deliver, operate and maintain our customers industrial water and wastewater facilities, deliver energy management services across industries helping our customers attain their energy performance and environmental targets.
We are also specialists in hazardous waste collection, treatment recycling, our team provide our customers with cost effective waste management services.
Our in house QHSE team makes sure our customers are the first to know about new legislation, ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and keeping them up to date with the latest health and safety developments.
Your principle responsibilities will be to:
- Provide professional advice and support on all Quality, Health and Safety (QHS) matters to all levels of employees within the business.
- Be visible on sites and contracts across the South Region, Identify gaps in the management system and make recommendations for improvements.
- Implement improvements and then ensure operations are in compliance.
- Assist in setting operational team safety objectives and assisting operational teams in achieving the Company QHSE objectives.
- Undertake audits against established management systems
- Work independently yet engage as part of the bigger QHS team and carryout work as directed by your QHS Manager.
- Ensure training is provided for all levels of employees in relation to Health, Safety & Environment.
- Supporting the delivery of projects across the IC Business
About your Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Essential - NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) Certificate or equivalent.
- Appropriate level of experience within a health and safety role.
- To have worked in an energy / waste / water related environment or industry Site services is desirable
- NEBOSH Construction certificate is desirable
If you feel like you have the above skills and knowledge and want to be part of our vision for the future apply now!